Request: Ability to paste global adjustments ONLY

The ‘Image’ menu provides for the following actions;

• after copying correction settings with Ctrl+Shift+C;
    ---->DxO_Paste
  • Ctrl+Shift+V will paste ALL corrections - including local adjustments
  • Ctrl+Shift+L will paste local adjustments ONLY.

Request: It would be very helpful to have option (Ctrl+Shift+G) to enable pasting of global adjustments ONLY.

Regards, John M

PS. It’s not that I’m not willing to support this request with a vote - - I have used up all my votes on other issues.

Same here. No more votes but a very BIG like.
Wolf

4 Likes

+1
I also discovered this feature (DPL 1-2-1) and I was surprised at the lack of the most practical choice.

Pascal

Strange idea to paste only local correction. LCs are the most individual settings and are therefore mostly nonsensical on other images unless you take series of immobile objects.

3 Likes

Precisely ! That’s why the absence of a paste option for Global-adjustments ONLY is such a strange omission … almost as tho the developer read his/her specifications wrongly !

John

1 Like

Hm, this is a so basic workflow thing, that this should get a higher priority. It should be realizable in a short time. Paste local adjustments only does not make sense for me.

The current workaround would be to create a virtual copy without local adjustments or to delete them on the paste target.

I can second this request, it’s indeed a needed feature. Copying global adjustments only makes much more sense than copying local adjustments only.

1 Like

With release 1.2.0 on Mac, I have the following choices for pasting:

meaning that choosing Ctrl+Shift+G is pasting only Global corrections.
I’ve tested and it works fine copying only Global corrections while I had also Local in my Copy.

So I guess that you’re on Windows, and probably it should come soon (unless it already works with this shortcut but not visible in menu?).

2 Likes

Yes, for some strange reason(?), this very helpful feature is currently provided in the Mac version of PL, but not yet in the Windows version !

John M

3 Likes

We love the post Paste Global Adjustments feature on Macs. I use it all the time and have yet to use Paste Local Adjustments.

2 Likes

Done!

I’m closing the request.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like