Here is a proposal to make a quick sort of photos.
The problem :
When I come back from vacation, having traveled 4,000 to 5,000 km by car and 300 to 400 km on a hike, I bring back a good about ten thousand photos.
I obviously do not have the time to sort them daily during my stay, so I have to do it on my return.
The solution :
- Add a tab (after Library and before Customize) that could be named Sorting.
- Display the pictures in a grid or filmtrip (according to the choice) with adjustment of the display size.
- Assign the 3 keys located at the bottom left of the keyboard (ZXC for QWERTY - WXC for AZERTY):
- W Accepted
- X waiting
- C rejected
- Assign left arrow and right arrow to scrolling photos.
- Add a filter with 3 options:
- Add a trash can
N.B .: Do not talk to me about the filter currently available with its 19 options because when I open it I am seized with convulsions!
When photos are loaded on the hard drive, sorting will be done very quickly. In one hour, we can process a thousand photos.
Then, either we work on the accepted photos, or we review again the pictures in waiting list that will be displayed thanks to the filter.
The rejected photos, once selected will all be erased by pressing the trash. Trash that will only work with the Reject option of the Sort function.
A photographer always takes care of saving his photos on at least 2 supports. So if it is easy to rectify error.
The combination of keys and arrows allows a great speed of execution. It is, IMHO, a defect for PhotoLab.
And if other testers have ideas on this subject, I would be very happy to read it.