PureRAW Bug on Windows 10

I too have experienced problems with magenta highlights in converted DNG files from my Olympus EM1ii files and my SonyRX100mk1 files when using DXO Pure Raw and like you say, it sadly makes the program unusable if you photo contains any extreme highlights. I wonder what would happen if the program converted the files to TIFF instead?

I’m also getting the same problem with PureRAW and Affinity photo, I’m evaluating PureRAW currently and this may be a show stopper.

I have also started another thread to see if there has been a fix for this.

1 Like

I haven’t seen anything about it being fixed. I’m not sure who’s responsibility it is to fix it, PureRaw or Affinity? I have contacted both and each point their finger at the other. I wish I knew this before I bought it, as I wouldn’t have purchased it. I didn’t think to try an overexposed shot when I was evaluating (my fault). I just use it now as an expensive RAW to JPG converter because that is all it’s good for, for me!

This problem occurs in all operating systems and with all cameras.

The magenta highlights are a problem with the RAW development software, but there is a fatal problem with DxO PureRAW itself.

DxO PureRAW seems to clip the highlights, so it is not possible to reconstruct the highlights with other RAW development software.

This is a problem that will not be solved until DxO PureRAW itself is updated to perform better highlight reconstruction or to be able to export without clipping.

In RAW development software such as Darktable, you can simply set “highlight reconstrucion” and the magenta color will not appear.

But since it is already clipped in PureRAW, the highlight will still be lost even if you use “highlight reconstruction”.

1 Like

Hello! I have the same problem! The absence of color information in the areas of overexposure, while it is clear that the information of the brightness component exists. Therefore, color reconstruction in overexposed areas is impossible.

Here are examples below:

1. Processing in RawTherapee without DxO Pure RAW

2. Processing in RawTherapee using DxO Pure RAW

Thank you for your attention

1 Like

“Author of over 20 books on Photography and photo editing” , no less … those tubers

OP opened also a topic in Affinity forum Possible bug with DNG files - V1 Bugs found on Windows - Affinity | Forum (serif.com)
The issue was announced to be solved on April 26, 2023 - see last post there:
The issue "Develop Persona: issues (highlights rendering) with DNG generated by DxO PureRaw/DeepPRIME technology. " (REF: AFP-4444) has been fixed by the developers in internal build “2.1.0.1781”.

Probably that was a different kind of problem than latest PureRAW Zf pinkies.