PureRAW and Fujifilm X-Trans RAW files

I recently purchased PureRAW 2 to process the raw files from my Fujifilm X-T3. When I tried using it, it successfully processed about 25% of the files I tried it on, and the remaining files appeared as black images with a few blocks of colour.
I have contacted customer support about this, but they have been unable to come up with a solution, and are very slow to respond.
Has anyone else had a problem processing Fujifilm files?

I was having that problem with any of the many X-Trans files I was trying. I would get a mix of processed files, with anywhere from 1/3 to 2/3 of them as you described – random when running successive batches of the same files. And sometimes PureRAW would just give up and not process after a certain point.

I thought that my GPU (Gigabite with Radeon RX580 and 8GB) met the spec, but after many months of back and forth and submission of computer specs and RAF files, in my last exchange with DxO I was told that I needed at least an RX5500 GPU. The specs for that didn’t seem much better than the RX580, so I opted for an ASUS board with an RX6600 and 8GB. Luckily GPU prices are coming down and I bought one a couple of weeks ago. Installed – problem solved.

That’s very interesting, Larry - thank you. My graphics card is an AMD Radeon RX570 with 24Gb, but maybe I need a higher spec card? DxO have been very slow at coming back with any solutions.
Peter

The RX 580 benchmarks a little better than the RX 570, but still not enough. (For a while, during the crypto mining frenzy, and RX 580 was selling for around 2 1/2 times what I had paid a couple of years ago.)

The DxO system requirements are posted for each of their main products.

https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/sections/4406551701137-System-requirements

However, I think there is an error in the information for PureRAW under Windows (the HD2000 would be an Intel GPU, not Radeon). For the Radeon GPUs DxO suggests the RX6600 as a minimum, though one email exchange with DxO suggested an RX 5500. Or something. Actually, if you look at the DxO systems requirements, they are a shambles.

BTW – the GBs I was referring to are for the GPU, not the motherboard RAM.

1 Like