Profile for Nikon Nikkor Z 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 VR S

When will the profile for the Nikon Nikkor Z 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 VR S be available? So far, the camera and lens are recognised in PhotoLab, but no corrections are made. The lens has been on the market for a while, so the profile could slowly appear.

Hello,

The answer is here already:

here’s a question for you then as you seem to have this lens.
from what i heard the autofocus is a bit slow for a z lens, is it true? i was kind of looking for it but been told using sigma 60-600mm has faster focusing.

I use the 100-400Z and the 70-200/2.8Z on the Nikon Z 6II. The AF of the 100-400 is a bit slower compared to the 70-200, but this is only noticeable in AF-C mode, in AF-S mode the difference is negligible. I don’t know the Sigma 60-600, so I can’t say anything about the AF compared to the Nikon 100-400Z. Unfortunately, the Sigma is not available for the Nikon Z mount, otherwise I might have bought it and done without the 100-400. Now I either have to wait for the Nikon 200-600Z or continue to use the 100-400Z with the 1.4x converter.

Greetings Jörg

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

thanks, i usually go with af-c shooting wildlife and no af-s.
seem nikon is also limiting 3rd party lens so it doesn’t compete with their Z le s series.

When will the profiles for the Nikon Nikkor Z 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 VR S and other Nikkor lenses be available? As far as I know, new profiles should be available at the beginning of March. I hope that it won’t take much longer, the diversions via Topaz is not a solution for me in the long run.

The Nikkor Z 100-400 F/4.5-5.6 VR S is just available yesterday for Nik Collection v5.6.
It shouldn’t be long for PL

1 Like

Thank you. Then there is still hope that something will happen with the profiles this month. We’ve been waiting so long, it’s about time.

Has there been any change in the profile of the Nikkor 100-400 Z in Photolab and PureRaw? Maybe someone can tell me when it will finally be ready, always working with Topaz as a replacement for PL is very unsatisfactory.

You still have to wait a bit … it will not be long… who knows a few hours maybe
" Something exciting is coming…" at DxO

I’ve been waiting for the profiles for the Nikkor 100-400Z for months, so it doesn’t matter if it’s only a few hours. I’m curious to know what “Something exciting is coming…” means. So let’s wait and see, as is so often the case with DXO.