Profile for Leica Summarit 75mm f/2.5

Would genuinely appreciate support for the Leica Summarit 75mm f/2.5 lens.

—Thanks / Chris

I’m delighted that the current Leica bodies are finally supported. The plus side for you is that Leica lenses need minimal correction. The downside is that there are a lot more Canon and Nikon and Sony shooters waiting on vastly more popular lenses.

Fortunately, there’s some good documentation on manually replicating lens sharpening without Lens Sharpening palette enabled:

I hope those two tutorials help you in the meantime, Chris. I’m very frustrated that DxO won’t allow us to use alternative profiles when a profile doesn’t exist (I’d like to apply the EF 70-200mm f2.8 profile to my EF 80-200mm f2.8 Magic Drainpipe which I still shoot regularly).

Thank you for taking the time to assist me with the two tutorials, Alec. I will give them a try. Agree that the Leica glass needs little in the order of correction. Also agree that having the ability to use alternate profiles would help.

I hope that you get your profile soon. I’ll politely wait in line for mine.

—Regards / Chris

2 Likes

While I agree that Leica users are fewer than Canon or Nikon users, and that longer Leica lenses (including the 75/2.5, which I own and like) require little correction, I disagree about the wide angles requiring little correction… Any chance to offer a bit of support to them at some point would be super. :slight_smile:

3 Likes