Post moderation

I understand that newbies have to have their posts moderated but why has my latest post been held for moderation? Previous posts haven’t been treated like that. Is it because my last post was back on 7 May? In other words is it because I’ve been silent for a couple of weeks that I’m considered a newbie again? If so that seems a bit harsh.

stuck

Hello,

@Jules could you, please, investigate? We have already 2 users with the same problem: @George and @stuck.

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

@Jules 4 days on and I’m still suffering from this problem. Any chance it can be fixed asap?

Thanks,

stuck

And one more user with the same problem - @Franky.

Please, investigate.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

One more user here…
All my replies also need administrator approval.
Is this a software glitch or am I on some sort of ‘‘black list’’?

the problem persists…

stuck

Not blacklisted for sure. It’s a problem on a forum side.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

@Jules And has been for eight days now. Come on, please, how hard can it be to fix this?

stuck

Maybe not but it feels like it.

stuck

Post moderation seems to work with a 5 day workweek.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbxUSsFXYo4 :grinning:

George

@Jules So now it’s been 14 days and I still can’t post without moderation. When will this problem be fixed?

@sgospodarenko I can’t see me trying to use this forum much longer, not that I suppose DxO care.

stuck

Hello,

This morning I’ve changed one setting, let’s see if it helps you until Admin replies.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

We’ll find out when I hit reply in a few seconds…

Seems to have helped!

Thank you,

stuck

1 Like

@George have I solved your problem? Still waiting a confirmation from you and @m9k

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Yes, that problem has been solved. Even in the weekend. You see, you can do it :grinning:
I now noticed a big difference in posts whether I’m logged in or not. What is causing that?

George

Well, I’ve just changed your status but not solved the entire problem. It still needs to be fixed as it’s a temporary solution.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Sorry; I’ve forgot on this thread…
Let’s see…

Looks like the problem has been solved.
No more moderator approval.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @gregor ,

There is no discriminations actually. It’s just because you are a new user (btw I explained it to you in the PM you sent to me).

About this one:

• The moderation is done by people with a standard 8h working day, so it can happen that sometimes you should wait a bit.

Regards,
Svetlana G.