Possible Bug with DNG export with LC

Edited to add: Local Adjustments is the culprit. It has nothing to do with camera body or RAW file configuration.

I’m getting an "Unknown error when trying to export a CR3 file as a DNG. The CR3 file is from a Canon 90D. I’ve tried both options in the DNG export dialog(with all corrections and with just lens corrections and noise reduction(Deep Prime)). The export proceeds normally though slowly all the way to the end then turns red and the unknown error pops up. I had no such problems exporting a CR2 file to DNG. Possible bug with CR3 files?

Anyone know anything about this?

Hello @rrblint,

As far as I see you are trying to process the file with DeepPrime so it can also be connected with it. Could I ask you to provide me with this CR3 and the logs?

Please, upload them to upload.dxo.com with your forum name instead of ‘support ticket number’ and let me know when ready.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hi @sgospodarenko. Thanks for your response. Yes I was using Deep Prime as the NR choice. I’ve uploaded the CR3, DOP, and I wasn’t sure which log files that you wanted, so I just uploaded the entire log file for PL4.

Hello Mark,

Thank you for the files. I can reproduce your issue exactly with your sidecar (if you apply default corrections to CR3, it’s properly processed into DNG). We will investigate the issue.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Thank you Svetlana. I’ll wait for your results.

1 Like

I am also getting a red fatal error when using the DNG export to application. My files are Nikon .NEF taken with a D7200 body.

The error seems to occur when I have a local adjustment applied in PhotoLabs 4.0.1. When I delete the local adjustment the file will export to Affinity Photo. I am not getting errors related to any of the noise reduction calculations; including the new DeepPrime.

Thanks

Hello @J55 and welcome to the Forum!

Yes, the error is connected to local corrections - so you most probably have the same issue. We are working on solving the problem right now.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

Hello guys,

The issue has been fixed and will be delivered in 4.0.2.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

Hello @sgospodarenko,
Does this also mean that the issue that I was having with modifying the DNG file also using local adjustments has also been fixed? This thread is where I posted about this problem.

Hello Mark,

Not sure that one will be delivered as well as it needs some more time.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Thanks Svetlana.

1 Like

Hi Svetlana, I am running 4.0.2 Build 45, and I’m seeing a huge variation between the DXO edit and the colors in Lightroom when I export a DNG from DXO PL4 to LRCC 10. More specifically, the DNG colours in LR are dull and muted.

A TIFF gets exported to LR exactly as expected.
Any idea how to resolve this?

There are two Export to DNG options. Which one are you using?

Mark

Hi Mark, this is the one I’m using

Here’s a side by side comparison:

This is the PL4 edit:

On the left is the TIFF exported from PL4, and on the right is the DNG exported from PL4. The colors (especially the reds) have diminished luminance in the DNG (this is more prominent in the reflection).

Hello @sensoriser,

Well, could you please, create an issue in the MAC section of the forum and provide your image + sidercar and the guys will investigate it. As the issue initially reported here has already been solved.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hi Svetlana, apologies for posting in the wrong forum. Before I add a new topic, it seems there are already two tickets for DNG-related problems: should I append to any of these? Basically the common theme is: TIFFs are properly exported to LR and DNGs lose color or contrast or both.

Hello and no problem.

Yes, in this case you do not need to create a new issue, just add your comments to any of them as I see both are about the same. And let me recommend you to tag @SebinParis or @akarlovsky to have a faster reply.

Regards,
Svetlana G.