Possibility of renaming during export

Currently it is not possible to rename a file during export … You can just add a suffix … Too bad.
We are forced to rename the file outside of Photolab … :frowning:
Please add us a field to rename the file.

Dear @ludoe1,

don’t forget to vote with the blue Vote button for your own request

Enjoy Christmas days

best regards

Guenter

1 Like

You do know there’s a new feature in PL to rename image files … Right ?

image … (Tho, not at time of Export)

John M

1 Like

A little reminder on the subject, DXO knows how to do it, since the “rename” function already exists.
All you have to do is adapt / add to the export :grinning:
Only 9 votes, I’m surprised that this feature is not requested more.

1 Like

Voted!

I listed this in post a while ago as something I’d like too.

Hopefully this thread will garner some traction and this may then be implemented…

Citation You do know there’s a new feature in PL to rename image files … Right ?

image … (Tho, not at time of Export)

John M

In this case, the original file will be renomed … I would like rename the exported file ( new file ) , just after the traitement …

1 Like

Hello,

I hope this will be the case in the next version.
This is the thing that annoys me more and more not being able to rename the files on export.
It’s still the only software that I know where we are restrained on this point.
I want to be able to rename my files freely and without suffix and 25 character limit.

2 Likes

There is also a Batch Rename function where you can select your images to rename. There are also other options you can use during rename.

So, export all your files then select the exported files and do a Batch Rename.

Of course there are alternatives but why ?
We shouldn’t need it for that.

3 Likes

I agree. This is a silly omission. It is a very common thing to export a file and rename it–like in every photo application I have ever used.

Photo applications or not, of all the apps I use this is the only one that works like this.
And it’s quite annoying.

1 Like

I’m going to up the annoyance level.

I find this lack of renaming at export REALLY annoying, frustrating and time wasting.

Having to rename via another app just adds to the steps required to complete a simple task.

1 Like

Just trying out the software for now and was quite surprised to see something which seems as capable having omitted something that fundamental.

You can add a suffix

You can rename your images afterwards but indeed it is very boring not to be able to do it with export.

In ON1 you can program the output nicely with different strings that represent the needs of the filenames at output. Adding a suffix to a random string of letters and numbers or renaming files afterwards is not helpful.

Same with Exposure X6. Loads of simple to use options for filenaming are available when exporting files. The DxO option of just adding a suffix is woeful and shamefully inadequate for what is otherwise a very sophisticated application.

This theme was also discussed long times ago, because tools like irfanview have better possibilities for renaming in batch conversion.

Nice weekend

On top of more robust renaming on export, an option to embed the original or source raw file name as a keyword on export would be appreciated…

Add me to the list who needs the ability to apply a custom file name to exported images. A sequential image series combined with the ability to rearrange the photos to the desired order prior to export is the only thing I still need to export to my copy of Lightroom 6.

1 Like