Please improve the performance (speed)

just curious…after a few weeks now, just a question…is there anyone from DXO looking into this? Performance/speed. I love PL and I certainly want to stay. But speed/performance on iMac could be much, much better. Please?

Hi @mujabad,
Of course performance (AKA speed) is something we are currently working on.
I can’t give you a timeframe for that, but I’m pretty confident that in a near future we will be able to offer a tangible improvement on this side.

2 Likes

Good to hear Steven. As you’ ve probably read, I’ m working on an 2019 iMac (5k retina/27"/ 8-core intel i9/64GB memory and 8Gb Radeon Pro Vega). Not even my Sony A7RIV files (large), should be any problem. I would love to stay with DXO PL, because this is the software that fits my needs best (by far), compared to LR/Capture One/Affinity/etc.
I hope there will be a substantial improvement.
Thank you!

Your concern, well…, also concerns us!
As I often say, we cannot convince a customer to “stay with us”. He/she will only stay with us if we provide enough value to justify his/her stay. If someone leaves us at some point, it’s because we “pushed” him/her to do so.

2 Likes

I’m so happy to hear you’re working on the performance. It’s usable enough now that I can manage most of the time.

I did take yet another look at a competitor in the last couple of weeks and once again it simply cannot match the sharpness that DxO modules provide. Coupled with Prime noise reduction, it is, for my purposes, unbeatable processing.

So good, in fact, that I’ve been back over old photos and completely reprocessed over 500 of them in PL3 with very pleasing results.

4 Likes