Please, add an option to deselect everything in the Filtering menu

This is not an item ! Simply a different — hierachical — typographical presentation : the verb is not repeated at the head of each choice (“Show raw”, “Show RGB”, etc.). That’s why « Afficher… » is followed by suspension points…

Also, on Mac, the filter menu appear with an arrow on bottom, the menu don’t appear completely at once …
We must use the arrow to displaying all the menu … little bad …

!

Ludo.

Little bit strange because we have some lines with “Afficher” also …

Ludo.

I see. One selection in a group. I’m getting the idea.

George

I’m new here and have added my vote at the top - hoping this is how it works to get something changed!

I’m about to ditch Lightroom after many years and just testing my workflow through before I do. I often have to process a lot of photos quite quickly so filtering is quite important to me.

It seems counter-intuitive having to go in several times and deselect things in order to try and filter the images, so many keyboard clicks!

It would also be useful to be able to filter just virtual copies or just master copies.

2 Likes

The filter list should be designed to allow us to select or de-select as many of the options as we choose. It is frustrating and a time waster to scroll down the list to de-select “rejected” and then do it again to de-select “untagged” in order to view only my “picked” images. If I’m doing it incorrectly, please advise. Is there a way to keep the list open and select/de-select images without the list collapsing? Thank you.

1 Like

You are doing it correctly, George - as far as this tool currently allows.
It’s a known issue, and I’ve seen indication from DxO that they plan to fix it - - I have no idea when, tho.

John M

It’s incredibly aggravating and indicates just how far DxO have to go before they even consider building a serious DAM. If keeping the image filter broken is DxO’s backward way of marketing a DAM (“we won’t fix the image browser filtering until you all vote for a full-featured DAM!”), management at DxO has seriously lost the thread.

Fixing filtering is half a day of coding. If keeping image filtering broken is not a strategic decision, I’m not sure why DxO developers are so arrogant to leave a core bit of functionality broken like this. Just hearing about or thinking about the image filter makes my blood boil, like you. It may be the single greatest inadequacy in Photolab as far as I’m concerned.