PL7.5.0 exports "dark" JPGs because the user exported with a different export option

@eriepa With respect to the possibility of different edit settings, they remained untouched as I exported with different soft-proofing and/or export options.

I won’t be back home until tomorrow evening and will supply some of my exports then.

However, even when a jpg image was displayed as I expected (lighter/brighter) the thumbnails were still darker?

As mentioned before – do NOT rely on the thumbnails’ rendition.

In those apps listed, the thumbnails can be used for a quick overview, but unfortunately not for comparing color reproduction (use PL’s PhotoLibrary instead).

My question related to possible different preset selections, not edit settings per se.

@eriepa That was what I said all options remained unchanged and the exports were all done on the same machine.

For each combination I then changed ‘Soft Proofing’ and/or export colour space and nothing else!

So I would have images designated as (PrP)[–] for example indicating ‘Soft Proofing’ = ProPhoto and ‘Export’ = default versus (PrP)[PrP] or (PrP)[SP] or (PrP)[sRGB].

Thank-you, Bryan. Your attention to detail is legendary in my book, no problems - just wanted to double check on preset vs edit, which I tend to put in two separate bins.