PL6 Crop tool bug?

In PL6 there is a new option to rotate the photo - thats good - works fine.
How do I rotate the crop only. ie I want to go from 5x4 landscape crop to 4x5 portrait crop?
In putting text entry in the ration list does not work!
Is it a bug?
Many thanks
Bherbes
Melbourne

Welcome to the forum @bherbes

Grab a corner handle (not outside of it) of the crop frame and pull it it around until the orientation changes.

1 Like

The only way I have managed is to reduce the crop as far as possible. That will cause the crop to flip (rotate) in the other direction.

It would be nice if there were a menu option to “Rotate” the crop

1 Like

@LarsN 100% agree.

@DxOStaffPO Please take note of this for a future refinement to the crop/rotate tool.

1 Like

Just a nag: We can rotate the image below the crop mask in DPL6 by ± 45 degrees. This is not what we’re talking about here. It’s about changing the orientation of the crop mask.

Good point, nice clarification :+1:

1 Like

Although there doesn’t appear to be a simple method of changing a horizontal aspect to a vertical as there is in Lightroom, where all you have to do is hit the ‘X’ key on the keyboard, I have found a workaround. 1. When in crop mode, choose ‘Unconstrained’. 2. Crop the image vertically so that it is close to the aspect that you desire. 3. Then change to the desired aspect. For example 5x4. The crop will retain the vertical aspect but will be changed to 4x5.

It is easier to change the orientation of the cropping, see here

1 Like

The “official” way to change is, to grab a corner and drag it until the orientation changes. It takes some getting used to, but it does work.

In the drop down box highlight the size and clear it type in the size you require. This crop stays in the drop box until you clear custom ratio’s. If it is a regular size you use just leave it in the drop down.

Thanks. Very new to PhotoLab. Glad to see there is an ‘official’ method. Thanks again for your help!

platypus, Thanks. Very new to PhotoLab. Glad to see there is an ‘official’ method. Thanks again for your help!

1 Like