PL6.3 not start

In my case, the new version of avast is to blame, I uninstalled cleanly and PL works fine

1 Like

The release V6.3.1 is supposed to solve this problem but for me no change.

@whs62 Have you completely uninstalled Avast?
I tried by deactivating Avast but even problem.

I just tested the v4.3.6 and v5.7 and even problem, while yesterday worked
It’s the same on my laptop … Arghhhhh !!!

I just uninstalls Avast completely and … bingo it’s good everything is ok.

A fix has now been deployed. My 6.3 install now works. It is available through your Dashboard.

I’ve raised a ticket as well. Tried all the usual suspects - Anti Virus, update Display Driver, Install from clean User Profile plus many Repair, Uninstall and Re Install attempts - nothing.

Unfortunately I can only roll back to 6.0.0 as I didn’t save any of the other updates locally. If DXO can’t supply me with a link for 6.2 then I’ll try overwriting the DXO application folder from a backup.

I uninstalled Avast with AvastClear and PL started. Then I installed the previous version of Avast 22.12.7758.0 and everything was ok. Finally I updated PL to v6.3.1 and it’s ok. I’m not going to upgrade Avast in the near future.

Same problem here, Win10. I don’t have Avast, I run Windows Defender. I also didn’t save previous versions, so I’m stuck.

Update:today February 11 I downloaded the installer again from my DxO account page and this one seems to work. The one that failed was downloaded February 9 from the in-app link. The file sizes are different so maybe some bug has been solved.

Yes there was a bug on the V6.3.0 released on February 08, it was corrected with the V6.3.1 of February 10

I’m having the same issue. It started a few days ago, When I go to start the app it just stalls either not showing the splash screen at all or will stall on the splash screen but that is as far as it goes. I’ve uninstalled, run a reg cleaner rebooted and re installed, I’ve disabled Avast and any other things I have running like Malwarebytes. I’ve submitted a ticket and waiting for what to try. It was woking find but there was a windows and Avast update not too long ago, not sure if that’s what did it or not. If anyone has suggestions to try LMK, thanks ~peaty

For me, Avast deactivation didn’t work, I had to uninstall it completely.

I have heard of similar issues from users of Avast over the years. It may be very fine software in general, and there is a free version, but due to these issues, I never recommend it.

Mark

I’ve been using Avast for decades, it’s a very good AV, I have the paid version with multiple PC subscription. I understand you uninstalled but did leave it off? I don’t want to run without an AV especially one I pay for.

If Avast seems to be the cause of the issue, you might want to get in touch with Avast support, they might be able to help. I’d try this:

Maybe Avast has a possibility to exclude something?

1 Like

I too have been using Avast for years but in free version.
Before uninstalling it completely, I tried to deactivate it and modify the parameters to exclude PL but I always had the problem.

Hello, we have noticed that the last update of Avast 23.1 blocks all versions of DxO PhotoLab and we are currently working with Avast support to find a solution. Thank you for your understanding.

3 Likes

If this can help find the problem, I had tested and the V1, V2 and V3 are not affected by this problem.

Hello everyone.

We confirm that Avast has released an update today (Version 23. 1. 6049 - Build 23. 1. 7883. 772) and with this version DxO PhotoLab is no longer blocked. Aplogies for any inconvenience that has occurred beyond our control.

2 Likes

I confirm the problem is solved with this Avast update.

Good deal I will check tonight when I get home, thanks for letting us know!