PL5 vs C1 with Fuji

Hello,

@JoJu , Zeiss touit lenses will be supported this month :slight_smile:

@Lost_Manc , could you share with us the RAW file and dop sidecar ? In case you can’t attach them directly here, use upload.dxo.com

Regards,
Marie

Of course I can.

Will be a couple of days now though as now away from computer plus work demands.

If I recall the RAW is too big for the forum so I’ll use the link.

Will tag you again when done so you are aware.

@Marie

I have just uploaded the file directly as too big to add here.

I have included the .dop which covers the original and two virtual copies (or should) vc1 is with the DXO Standard Preset and vc2 is DXO Optical Corrections Only.

Both virtual copies are in my opinion worse the the original un-corrected and I feel support my belief that too much sharpening is being applied as part of the optical corrections.
Whilst I accept this can be then edited back out I feel in certain circumstances and especially for someone with limited understanding or time to play around the result is an image that can look ‘bad’ and disappointing especially when it has been ‘corrected’ so in theory should look better than the RAW.
Capture 1 Express and LR CC seem to get this initial aspect ‘better’ more consistently at present from my initial testing.
Again. I am only talking about this point of the process. DxO PL5 still offers more in other areas but with this area lacking (if that’s the right phrase) it can discourage further work as the initial image can look ‘bad’.

As I said earlier though this is not happening on all images and it may be something specific to the squirrels fur and the moss on the tree branch that is causing the issue as a couple more from the day don’t exhibit this ‘worming’ effect.

I think this screenshot highlights perfectly what I am experiencing…

1:1 (100%)

200%

If you need anything else please ask and ill do my best.