Pl5 support for Sony A7IV

Hi,
I currently own an Sony A7 IV , can’t use pl5 to open raw files, when pl5 wiill be able to work with this raw files ?

It is not a currently supported camera, however, I believe that it will be supported relatively soon, although I don’t know exactly when that will be. It could take a couple of months.

Mark

1 Like

Hello @Paulo ,

we have added support of A7R IVA in late november and support of A7R IV in 2019.
So can you check status with PhotoLab update of today ?
If that still doesn’t work please share a RAW file with us (I guess you are speaking of RAW) on upload.dxo.com

Regards,
Marie

From the title of the thread, this is the Sony A7 IV, which just went on sale. It is the successor to the A7 III.
The A7R IV and A7R IVa are another series of cameras.
It is sometimes a bit complicated at Sony for camera references.
No “R” (A7 III, A7 IV) = normal resolution sensor, “R” (A7R III, A7R IV / IVa) = high resolution sensor.

Sorry, my bad.

Support of Sony A7 IV is planned for first quarter of 2022.

Regards,
Marie

Thank Marie for your feedback,

Hope this support will be soon available, other competitor on the market had already added support for the new Sony A7 IV.
I am a great fan of DXO software and I don’t want to go back on other solution.
Please ask dev to focus on this new Sony camera, I believe more users will wait like me :slight_smile:

Regards
Pierre

Hello @Paulo ,

Sony A7 IV is currently in our Lab :slight_smile:

Regards,
Marie

2 Likes

Hello @Marie

Great news, I am impatient to get this update :blush:
Wish you you a safe and happy holidays.
Best regards
Pierre

2 Likes

I hope it won’t be long with an update for the Sony A7 IV. At the moment I have to develop my raw files with Capture One Express for Sony, which doesn’t really make me happy, I’d rather continue working with DXO PhotoLab.

5 Likes

Any updates to Sony A7IV raw file module timeline need to use it with DXO or change software?
thanks for any update

2 Likes

But slowly you could deliver, Adobe and Phase One have been at the start with the A7 IV for a long time.

Hello @Marie

Any good news for the Sony A7 IV RAW support, saw several update on PL5 this last week but not the one i am looking for …
Best regards
Pierre

Support for the A7 IV will be available in PhotoLab 5.2, which will be released some time this month. March support for it is indicated in the DxO camera support database. See my attached image.

Mark

Nice :yum:
That’s avery good news , thank you for the information
Pierre

1 Like

Sony A7M4 still not supported in PL version 5.1.3.55? (Mac)

all I know – for Windows the latest is 5.1.4 build 4728

Is sony a7IV raw supported in windows? but not Mac?

The A7IV will be supported for Win and Mac from version V5.2 probably next week.

What does “next week” mean? Does it mean Monday or rather Sunday?
My honest opinion? As long as DXO is taking, the release will be delayed even further.

Usually the releases are on Wednesday or Thursday around 15h.
But since my previous post, the support of the A7IV has increased to 2022-04.