PL5 slow image explorer

The first time I view a folder, the embedded images in my Canon R5 RAW file are displayed, this is very fast. Then the displayed images are updated in the Image Browser and this takes a very very very long time. Why aren’t the images only updated when an image is edited? This is how Lightroom does it and this is the behaviour I would like to see in the Image Browser.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The images are reprocessed in the browser because DxO default corrections are applied to all the images. But what do you mean by very-very-very long and how many images are in your folder?

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Thank you for asking.

There are about 300-500 images in the folder and the generation of all new thumbnails takes about 10-15 minutes. It also seems that only the images in the visible area of the Image Browser are provided with a new preview image, because when I scroll further, the images are updated again?

If I close PL5 and go back to the same folder, it takes another 5 minutes until all images are displayed, the images are on an SSD. For comparison, in Lightroom the images are on the same SSD, the first read-in also takes time, but afterwards the images are displayed in the blink of an eye.

It is no fun to switch through the photo folders, because I always have to wait until the preview images build up.

Okay, then could you, please provide your logs? ( Log files – %UserProfile%\Documents\DxO PhotoLab 5 logs)

You can archive and attach them here or via upload.dxo.com

Regards,
Svetlana G.

upload done

Thank you! We will investigate…

Regards,
Svetlana G.