PL5: Saturation changes in fullscreen mode

This is not a solution.

1 Like

…well, yes, it is a workaround until the bug is fixed. was already there in PL4 as I recall.

It might have to do with PL might be selecting the wrong profile from laptop “grafic-card”

So this is a workaround for you?

Set display to SRGB:

Set display as you have to set it (profile of current display):

You’re kidding me…

If this is a workaround for you - just sell your calibrated EIZO, you obviously don’t need it :laughing:

No, as I have already stated above, discrete graphics is activated in the BIOS.

Not on my laptop: Same colors on Irfanview and PL

@geno

Only out of interest – when you are on the go, I think your laptop recognizes the missing main screen
– or do you have to reconfigure something?

This is even better to compare:

No, it switches the main screen automatically back to the laptop screen. But as I like to have the task bar on the laptop screen (saves space on the not overly big CS2420), I just avoid the fullscreen mode.

Those are two completely different things. I was referring to your statement to this setting:
grafik

If setting this from “current profile” to “sRGB” makes no difference to you, you either compare only pictures within the sRGB colour space or your display is limited to sRGB.

Is the moniter hard profiled, if so I don’t think PL works with those?

As I stated above:

Hi Fotoguido,
with all respect - may I point you to https://www.northlight-images.co.uk/printer-test-images/

Please scroll on that site about half way down – and have a look, what the author has to say about this specific test pic, “originally produced to help calibrate Fuji Frontier printers.” …

Personally, I’m using the Datacolor printer test image, which not only serves well with printing. With all the shown variants /scenarios you get a reliable source for testing and controlling.
have fun, Wolfgang

Just to make it clear:

Yes, I also have found that the saturation in fullscreen mode is higher. When I set Preferences/Display to Generic sRGB instead of actual monitor profile (or so) this goes away and fullscreen mode shows exactly the same colours like Irfanview. So I’m fine for now. It may well be that my EIzO is limited to sRGB. Do not know.
And regarding laptop: seems only to happen on llaptops with 2ndary monitor. Reason my be that the hardware architecture of “grafic-dards” on (some?) laptops is usually different to desktops… maybe(?)

Hi Wolfgang, thank you but actually I use Spyder-Pro for calibration. This pic I just once found useful and kept it for checking gamma. I have two versions, one for monitor and one for printers.
And I only used it here to illustrate that colours in PL-full-format view are equal to the colours in Irfanview.

Did you read my previous posts in this thread actually?

Ultimately checked on Windows. With two monitors, DXO Photolab 5 takes the .icc profile not current (photo lab window) monitor only from the main monitor. If you have a graphic monitor set up as second, you have a problem. Setting the graphics monitor as first (default, main) makes going to full screen work fine.
But this is not a solution to the problem, but a workaround! DXO, do something with it because it’s a shame !!!
Moving the DXO Photolab window between monitors should automatically replace the used profile. I am a programmer, the Windows API allows it and it is child’s play to implement. Shame!!!

1 Like

Good morning @geno ,

• Could you, please, create a ticket via support.dxo.com as it seems an individual issue and you’ll be assisted with the investigation and fix.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Obvioulsly nothing happened then.
And my workaround is not working anymore, cannot select sRGB in PL6.
Ticket #382896 (in german) was created some weeks ago and is currently managed by Barbara.
And I agree to @Marcin …

Cheers,
Guido

AFAIK – PL6 picks up the necessary information (monitor profile) from Windows OS,
and in case of using two monitors the profile for that monitor, where PL was started on.

I went a bit back in this thread but don’t recall the details.
So what are you using – laptop plus graphic monitor – which models …?