PL5 Processing Errors

I have purchased and installed PL5 on my MBP16 and iMac Pro systems. I have a batch of images that I use for testing. On the iMac Pro, they process without any problems (Deep Prime is turned on). On the MBP16, for three of the (Canon CR2) images, processing fails and I get error messages from the output processing. These images processed without any issues on PL4 on both systems. Odd. I assume an update to the initial release will be along soon so I will wait to see if this issue persists.

David

1 Like

Have you tried doing a repair reinstall?

Mark

I’ll just wait for the next update.

1 Like

Just curious - what is a “repair reinstall”? Just uninstall and re-install the app?

I don’t know whether it is different for the Mac version, but for the Windows version if you rerun the installation file for PhotoLab over the installed version it gives you an option to repair PhotoLab.

Mark

Not on the Mac - you just open the dmg and drag the app to the applications folder.

Also - I identified the problem - the problem is occurring for three images shot with a Canon S100 camera. The DxO module is downloaded - I downloaded it again. Didn’t help. The correct modules show as installed.

I reinstalled the app. Same problem. I expect there will be a 5.01 release soon (there always is) and see if that helps. I use my iMac Pro for my processing most of the time anyway, and it works fine on that system.

1 Like

Do your images from other cameras process correctly? Do other images from the S100, except for the three you mentioned, process correctly? Are you saying these three images process correctly on a different machine running PL5? Did these three images process correctly in PL4 on both machines? Perhaps you should fill out a support ticket and upload one or more of these images to support.dxo.com.

Mark

All my other test images process correctly (other cr2 raws - not from the S100, and arw raws (from both the Sony A7RM3 and M4). These images process correctly in PL5 on my iMac Pro. These images process correctly in PL4 (on both systems). I will open a ticket if a PL5 update doesn’t show up soon.

Could you please send us one of this images, to test on our side?
and at the same time run the diagnostic:
https://download-center.dxo.com/PhotoLab/diagnostics/DxODiagnostic.command.zip
And share with us the results of the script → its output is a zip file on the Desktop

I opened a ticket and sent the requested image and diagnostic data.

Dave

Thanks a lot, we will dig in it.

After the update to Monterey and the DxO update, these three images are failing on my iMac Pro also now.

I am having the same issue. I have installed DXO Photolab 5 on two different computers and can export jpegs from my raws (Olympus EPL1 camera) but when I use Deep Prime, I get the same error.

I have submitted logs to DxO support and they are working on it. (My Olympus E-M5III raw images are processed without problem.)

David

1 Like

With PL5 and Deep Prime selected, all exports fail – but doesn’t fail with PL4 for same photos.
Identical graphics card is detected for both.
Windows 10 64bit
Radeon 540 Graphics.
Panasonic Lumix FZ1000.
I submitted a support ticket along with log file.