PL5: Moving files outside PL loses corrections and more

This is to me the most important feature. I want to be able to find an image I worked on five years ago and say, “Oh yeah, I have all the corrections in my library. Somewhere.” And then be able to reproduce it. My entire workflow has reproducibility baked into it.

When PL revisions crash up against my workflow, it leads to some consternation. Stars are minor, but they are part of the deal, and when they disappear, I wonder what else is missing. I wonder how I need to change my workflow.

I don’t mind changes per se, especially as an evolutionary step towards a more full-fledged DAM – or integration with other applications – but the changes absolutely need to be communicated, and that did not happen here.

Most of all, I just want to make some damn pictures. :blush:

1 Like

@BHAYT and @uncoy I have a wish that we may judge a text by what it is trying to say instead of how long or short it is or how many words it contains but I am also aware of that most (especially men) seems to avoid reading text longer than a Twitter message these days.

No wonder reading and writing books these days seems to be something mainly women do and as a spin off competent women all over the world to an ever greater extent is taking over a lot of the most important positions in society. To become a skilled expert in any field today you have to be able to read a lot and both read, speak and understand english too at least.

The solution to that problem will not be to lower the thresholds of the world. Men that fail to keep up with these demands are an ever increasing problem all over the world. This Easter the police cars are burning in my country in several places and so is the Koran. Some of these young men are upset despite they hardly have taken the time it takes reading that book and any other book for that matter and in the outback a lot of other men doesn’t give a shit as long as they can drive their snow scooter and fish and hunt. The only thing they seem to have in common is that they are men that failed in school and doesn’t like to read.

The best way to improve reading and writing is to read and write and communicate which in it’s turn will force us to read and write even longer texts better.

1 Like

This is a reply to @platypus’s test and @RexBlock concerns.

I used JPGs and the 'Auto synchronize option is OFF, AS(OFF) but I typically work with DOPs being automatically written and loaded.

Photo 1 - the original JPG before any fixes applied:-

Photo 2 - the photos with fixes and keyword added:-

Photo3 - the photos rediscovered in another directory:-

The photos and DOPs were copied to another directory and “re-discovered” by PL5. The fixes look to be intact but the keyword and ‘Rating’ are missing!!

The keyword and ‘Rating’ are missing because although it is still in the DOP, PL5 expects that data to be in the image.

Why is no metadata discovered?

1. AS(OFF) was “selected”
  2. I did not perform a ‘Files’/‘Metadata’, ‘Write to image’ so the metadata is still in the database assigned to the original photo in its original location but has not been transcribed to the image!

If this had been a PL4 DOP, I still wouldn’t have got the keyword data because it wasn’t written to PL4 DOPs but I would have got the ‘Rating’!

However the data is in the PL5 DOP of the original photo

but after the photo was rediscovered no metadata is present because PL5 takes that from the image and I never forced it to be written to the image.

PL5 then updated the DOP of the re-discovered program in line with the image it has discovered and all the fields have now been nullified!

Hence, the vanishing ‘Rating’ that has been reported in a number of forum topics!

To keep the metadata you must cause it to be written to the image and if it is a RAW image then an xmp sidecar file will be created and this must be secured, i.e. the total “back-up” package for a RAW is xmp sidecar + DOP (for photo adjustments) + Image file, for all other files types it is the DOP + Image iff (if and only if) the metadata has been written from PL5 to the image file!

Edit:- I forgot the after photo sorry!!

@platypus and @RexBlock and @anyone who is interested I should have quit while I was ahead!

New bug detected (I believe) causing Virtual Copies to be created:-

I went back to the original directory and wrote the metadata back to the image

I had missed setting the data in one of the images and missed exporting that image which contained nothing new anyway.

I then copied the images and DOPs to another directory and all hell broke loose @sgospodarenko!! I also failed as a tester at that point because I had wondered if I should secure the original directory before exporting the metadata so I had a copy of the original data to refer back to but I didn’t do that!

The reason for the ‘Virtual Copies’ I discovered some rime ago when I took a DOP from one photo that was currently in the PL5 database and added it to another and then “discovered” the new combination. Because the DOP has a UUID the same as one already in the database PL5 automatically protects the original database entry and the incoming DOP data by creating a ‘Virtual Copy’.

I don’t believe that this should happen in any circumstances when a directory is being “discovered for the first time”! “Yes” I am using an image with a name already in the database and “Yes” I am using a DOP with an identifier (UUID) which is already in use and assigned to another photo also in the database but these are both in the context of a new directory which should automatically control any tests conducted by PL5 and also cause a new identifier (UUID) to be allocated to the DOP of the incoming image (I would contend).

I will agree that this kind of problem is being caused by testing with the same images again and again and again and … but …!

In addition why did it not happen in the previous test!?

In addition why is the actual data not quite as might be expected, i.e.

1. Image 1 has a [M]aster thumbnail that is the original photo without corrections but with a ‘Rating’ that was only added as part of the corrections applied to all the photos (as a group, excluding the last photo)

2. The same thing has happened with some but not all of the images.

Is this a database fault, no, I would contend that it is a programming fault, i.e. possibly it is a test done in the wrong order or a flag not set that indicates a new directory has been discovered so ignore checking the UUID and allocate a new one, the program has taken the wrong path for some reason in this particular case when it didn’t take that path in the previous test!

It is certainly not a typical use of the program unless you are trying to stretch the program in the ways that I tend to do (mostly by accident as in this case) but if the program can hold up to that kind of “abuse” then it should offer a reliable experience in most normal circumstances.

In all cases the Tag survived in VC[1] where it had not survived at all in the basic test in the previous post. All tests where the Tag has been involved have not shown the Tag when a copy of the photo has been re-imported in a new directory.

I have been asking for the ability to “promote” a VC[1] or VC[2] etc. for some time, either "promote or swap with the master or delete the master but keep the copies with the first becoming the [M]aster or any other combination you can think of that just isn’t available currently.

I could copy the metadata from VC[1] to [M] and then copy the corrections from [1] to [M] and then delete [1] but it would be so much easier to have a single menu command to do that!

Please note that it is possible that I have completely screwed up the test and if that turns out to be the case I apologise in advance.

PS I repeated the test and got the following which is what I had expected. But this time no Tag anywhere!!

So, are you saying that PL only checks the UUID and the filename but not the complete path to the file?

@joanna No I am saying that in the case of the test that appeared to somehow go wrong (please remember that could be something I did) either because of some value in some variable, or the direction of the wind or … the test on the directory name which should have ensured that the fact that a new directory had been encountered and conditioned all logic thereafter, failed to do what it should have done or some other “detritus” got in the way! Or a variable had been left set and that caused the problem or …

The problem is that the test before the one that failed, which was similar, passed without incident, the one I then did after the failed test, as near identical as I could get, also worked perfectly but the “little piggy in the middle” failed in quite a “dramatic” way!

When I was responsible for system testing/support and we had one of those I hated it if I didn’t have the code available to check. Intermittent faults are a potential nightmare!

I read and wrote COBOL but could only read ALGOL at a push and much of the operating system and system software code was written in DCALGOL, DMALGOL, ESPOL(the operating system) and NEWP(the ESPOL replacement) (all variants or developments of ALGOL) and I had to rely on others in the U.K as first line defence and then back to the Plant in the US or one of the development centres in the Plant, the U.K., Australia or New Zealand.

But if that call came in the middle of the night when I was on duty, and the customer’s system was flat on its back then…

As mentioned in my previous posts in this thread I have built a new PC and want to move my photo library of about 25,000 images. Those in the last two years are mostly RAW and exported jpg’s, but prior are almost all jpgs.

In reading this and other recent threads I have become very concerned about losing my RAW editing that has been done in PL4 & 5 as well as losing keywords. I put in a Support Request to DXO for their recommendations how to copy the files to my new PC but don’t yet have anything from them. With the gentle nudging of some of you fine folks here I decided to do some testing.

Please note that I only use PL5 as a RAW Developer/Editor. I use Photo Supreme as a DAM and am not interested in what PL may show for Metadata. I only want to have PL not change any of it. All keywording, Ratings, etc are added in PS.

Summary of my Testing:

1. I have copied about 150 images in multiple folders from the old PC to the new one.
  2. Current versions of PL5 & Photo Supreme are installed on both Win 10 PCs. During testing they have all ben running. Auto Synchronize is off on both. I have restarted PL5 a few times and one time I deleted its database so it would start with a fresh one.
  3. Fairly consistent results: DOP, XMP and all corrections in PL5 were still present but Advanced History was not. I only had one Virtual Copy but it was present on the new PC. Keywords were sometimes in PL but not always. (Keep in mind I don’t care about MD in PL as long as it’s good in my external DAM.
  4. Not all keywords showed in Photo Supreme on the new PC. Not sure why this is. Using XnView MP it showed they were in the XMPs. I may need to change some settings on Photo Supreme. Before I bring all the photos to the new PC I need to sort that out. I can’t imagine any way that PL5 could prevent PS showing MD that resides in the XMPs.
  5. Bottom line for me is that I now feel I can safely use PL5 just for Developing/Editing and Photo Supreme, or quite likely Imatch as my DAM.

Rod

1 Like

@nwboater Welcome to the testers “club”. Please note that I had to “park” another longish post to make this response.

I am glad that you are gaining confidence in the product and satisfying yourself about its reliability (or otherwise) with respect to your workflow. Sadly the ‘Advanced History’ is not stored in the database so would never make its way to the DOP and others have expressed concern about this in past posts.

I (personally) don’t know of any plans to maintain what could be an ever increasing list in the database, in the DOP or in some other structure and I would then have to set out see how many changes it could actually cope with before it broke (a test I would never actually try to run).

It would be potentially useful but what I have complained about that is stored in the DOP and in the database is this

the ‘Applied default preset’ which is (mostly) always the same and about as much use as a “chocolate tea pot”.

I asked for something more useful like the ‘Last preset applied’ and/or the ‘Last preset created’ sometime ago which would at least give some provenance to the current state of the photo.

However, a full history with the feature of being able to “roll-back” and then to continue editing would require more than just the storage of a list!.

I am concerned why some keywords were in PL5 but some were not, even though you are not concerned about them. I am also unclear why you are not concerned about PL5 keywords not exactly matching those in Photo Supreme?

I would anticipate that your workflow would be to add keywords and then import (discover) the folders in PL5, edit and then export with the keywords intact, sorry if you have written the details before but I went looking and couldn’t find them. I did notice that you described that you do not use hierarchical keywords which means less “tinkering” from PL5 BUT it will put ‘hr’ keywords for each ‘dc’ keyword present in the image!

When you have time please tell me about the “typical life” of an nwboater image, i.e. your workflow and we can see if it is possible to minimise any potential re-working and what you can expect from PL5.

Because of the “category” issue Photo Supreme does not figure in my analysis of what other packages do with entered keywords and what PL5 then seems to do to those keywords when it encounters them XMP-files gets F*cked up due hierachical mismanagement in dual management - #38 by Joanna.

Please remember all my caveats about potential “feet of clay”, buyer (reader) beware etc. what I write comes from tests and are only as good as the creator of the tests (me), the person who executes the tests (me) and the interpreter of what the tester thought they saw (me) and I make no guarantees!

1 Like

Different to the Mac version, the entries in the history are not kept at all – so no ‘fault’ from copying.

4 Likes

Some clarification here (since the OP was in context of the Mac version of PL);

• Advanced History is stored in the database for the Mac implementation, but not for the PC version.
  • This is why the Mac version enables tracking of the minutiae of step-by-step corrections executed to achieve the final result across multiple sessions - whereas, this is available for the PC version only within the current session. (Of course, all final-state corrections are saved for both variants.)
  • Some users consider this to be a serious omission of the PC version - - I’m not fussed by this at all.

John M

2 Likes

Thank you John (@John-M) for clarifying that point.

Having the minutiae would allow for new preset developments to be “parked” in the database/DOP across sessions with the ability to roam down and up the stack and continue where the user left off.

Certainly useful but those of us on Win10 currently manage without so …

Thanks Brian for your review of my post and your concerns about some of my lack of concerns.
My workflow is fairly simple:

1. Shoot in RAW only.
  2. Download from my camera to a dated folder using Canon EOS Utility.
  3. Import that Folder in Photo Supreme and often delete some in PS. No Tagging at this point.
  4. Open the images in PL5 with my custom default preset applied.
  5. Crop, straighten horizon and other editing in PL5 as needed. Sometimes more deletions.
    A. Sometimes export a TIFF to one of the Topaz products. Export it from there as a JPG to the original folder. Maybe review the jpg in PL5.
  6. Export from PL5 as a JPG to the original folder.
  7. Add flat keywords in PS. These include a star rating which I make as a keyword because of the ways different software can mess up Ratings.
  8. Send a copy of the JPG to a folder that is picked up by Mylio. Mylio then propagates copies to my wife’s desktop PC, our two laptops and our two cellphones.

I understand your concern about keywords in PL5. Since I add keywords after editing in PL5 that is not normally a concern to me. What I am concerned about though is if I should re-edit a photo in PL I don’t want it to alter my keywords in any way. I should probably do a little more testing by re-editing images that have previously been done in PL and confirm that my keywording is still okay. I don’t think I addressed this aspect enough.

(Added on Edit) In fact on further thought I think that could become a problem. If I re-edit a photo in PL5 I don’t think that PL looks again at the xmp. Thus any keywords I previously added in Photo Supreme are not in PL and will not be included in a new Export. Do need to investigate this one further! If it is a problem I may have to use @John-M approach of always deleting the PL database before editing in PL5. Then when re-opening PL5 it should pick up any new keywords that had been added by Photo Supreme. That is if it will maintain the integrity of the xmp and pass on any keywords!

I only mentioned the lack of PL showing Advanced History as an observation, not a concern. I have been aware that in the PC version it does not maintain that. It might be nice to have but has not been a problem for me. DXO has a lot bigger fish to fry than that one. What is important to me though is that previous editing is saved and that does seem to happen. I opened several images and they all showed adjustments that I believe were the final ones I made.

Thanks Wolfgang. I was aware of this and only noted it as an observation, not as a fault.

Just did another test related to the above.

1. Took a previously PL5 edited RAW image with no keywords and added a keyword in Photo Supreme.
  2. Opened in PL5 and it didn’t show the Keyword. This I believe is because once the image is in the PL5 database it doesn’t look at the xmp on subsequent edits. So it misses any new information that has been added/changed in the xmp.
  3. Closed PL5 and deleted its database.
  4. Restarted PL5 and the Keyword showed in PL5.
  5. Exported it as a JPG and the keyword showed when imported into Photo Supreme.

I will have to implement @John-M’s approach of deleting the PL5 database before each PL5 start. Thank John for earlier sharing that information and your script.

Also @Bayht’s concern about my keywords not showing in PL5 is valid if I am going to re-edit anything previously done in PL. Thanks Brian.
Rod

1 Like

Hello Rod,
I can not confirm that

• I took a previously edited raw image (cr2) and added a keyword in Photo Supreme
  • opened PL5 and immeditely got the symbol in the thumbnail that there is a change in metadata

No need to delete database or anything

Sigi

PS: I tried above now with a RAF file - same result, no problem

1 Like

Thanks very much Sigi!

I was not aware of the icon on the PL5 thumbnail that showed a MD change. I did the same sequence as you again and when I clicked on the icon it asked what I want to do with the change. When I clicked on Read From Image it picked up the new keyword. It also had a checkbox for Apply to All Images which could be handy.

It could be real easy for me to miss that small icon on the thumbnail in the future and then the new MD wouldn’t be passed through. I need to give some thought to which technique is better for my use case: this one or the database delete.

Thanks again for checking my test! :slight_smile:

Rod

@StevenL - this is a good point, maybe there is clearer warning, i.e different color for the sign that there was a change in metadata

2 Likes

I understand that essentially the addition of keywords in Photo Supreme (or IMatch or …) is the “end” of your normal workflow. PL5 contains the RAW files before exporting and these do not contain any keywords, if you decide to re-edit them you will need to add keywords to the (re-)exported JPGs but that is arguably your normal workflow.

If you do add the exported JPGs to the actual original directory then PL5 will discover these JPGs because it has discovered the RAWs in that directory already! However, adding the JPGs to the same location as the RAW makes it much easier to select the RAW for re-editing if a subsequent review of the RAW leads to a desire to re-edit and the previous attempt, possibly now keyworded, is available to transfer the keywords to the new edit!

I now shoot RAW + JPG but from 2003 to early 2018 I took only JPGs photos on the various cameras I owned, even a Lumix G7, and bought DxO OpticsPro 11 mainly to edit JPGs.

I started shooting RAWs with my Lumix G80 in 2018 and I import images from cards so that the JPGs are in the outer directory and RAWs in a “RAW” subfolder. I mostly did nothing with the RAWs except move them to another drive with the intention of deleting them when space became too tight!

Upgrading to a G90 in 2020 gave a better sensor than the G80 but a worse video crop so I added an EM1 Mkii and a 12-200 (24-400) lens and at that point I started to use the RAW editing of PL4. The G90 has since been replaced with a G9 and that is currently used with the Olympus 12-200 lens.

When making small tests I export to the original directory, the JPG or RAW directory, but with larger runs I put the outputs to a separate sub-directory e.g. ‘_DxP5’ or ‘_DxP5R’, but that could be named ‘Developed’, ‘Developed + Date’, ‘Developed + preset group identifier’ etc. If I then added keywords to ‘_DxP5R’ externally these would not be “discovered” by PL5 at all unless I deliberately navigated to that directory.

My directory structure is similar to yours and I have attached an example where my naming convention is now (roughly),

Date + (duplicate resolver) + (Location) + (Who) + (What) - Camera + (Lens) + (.F) for Family, e.g. 2020-10-22_01 - High Beeches, Autumn Colour - EM1(200).F

Within a .F directory there will be one or more files designated P123456-F.JPG or -F.RAW and these will indicate images with family members. All files are collated by Listary and older family photos have had simple keywords added to identify the family members.

The data was placed in the files using ExifPro and DxPL has never been able to spot the ExifPro changes to JPG in real-time. However, once the ‘Read from Image’ command was provided I could force PL5 to read the keywords but as soon as I attempted to force a write of the metadata, PL5 simply ignored the request. While other programs interwork with ExifPro and embedded keywords successfully, something to do with the way the metadata is set up by ExifPro causes problems with PL5!?

UPDATE:- I owe DxO an apology for this Statement, I have not re-tested this for some time so I revisited a JPG from 2005 which just had the ‘Family’ keyword.

Discovering the directory in PL5.2.0.4732 all the photos had the ‘Family’ keyword attached but this discovery has always worked!

I added a name to the photo in ExifPro, which other software detected automatically but PL5 still does not, but after ‘Read from image’ adding a name keyword in PL5 automatically updated the image with AS(ON) and an export worked correctly.

So, at the moment the metadata for my JPG family photos is “trapped” in the photos until I can find an appropriate piece of software to rewrite the image files in a way that enables PL5 to read and write the metadata successfully, if I ever want to revisit the old directories and re-edit the photos in DxPL!?

The above statement no longer appears to be true and I can now use PL5 to update the metadata for my “Family” photos but it can get a bit tedious checking every release to see if something reported via the forum (the issue was reported during PL5 Beta testing) has actually been fixed. But I am pleased that I can now update old keywords inserted by ExifPro in PL5!!

End Update:-

My photos are typically “tagged” with a suffix to identify what software was used to process the image and multiple suffixes indicates multiple processing stages! So _DxP4R_cp6 indicates the JPG came from PL4 processing a RAW image and the _cp6 also shows that is was then further processed in Franzis Colour Projects 6.

I typically haven’t used a DAM in the past because of potential name changes (spelling errors/restructuring) etc. can cause grief but I now have access to IMatch, Photo Supreme Lite, ACDsee and Zoner (and ExifPro if I want to add even more problems with JPGs)!

This is PL5 effectively working as designed!

The first time that PL5 encounters a directory (that is new to the database) it will execute the equivalent of the ‘Read from Image’ ‘Metadata’ command and enter that metadata into the database (and export to the DOP) but, while maintaining compatibility with what has been done before (PL4 DOP format + keywords etc) and also with the DOP entries stored for any VCs, this copy of the metadata for the [M]aster copy will be ignored when PL5 encounters a “new” image file with an associated DOP, i.e. it will not read that metadata from the DOP (as it would have with PL4) but will go looking for any in the embedded or sidecar xmp data in the image file(s).

So at step 1 the keywords are added to an image which will thereafter be new (in the current database) to PL5 so no further metadata capture will occur unless AS(ON) is set or AS(OFF) is set + ‘Read metadata from image’ executed!

At step 3. all knowledge about images will be eradicated, anything now (re-)discovered will be “new”.

At step 4. the image is being discovered as if new so the metadata will be read again etc.

The alternatives for your workflow are

1. Adopting the @John-M strategy, turning the database into a temporary/transient entity.

2. Set AS(ON) and let PL5 detect the changes automatically. At times my testing has shown PL5 keeping up with hundreds of fast modifications (880+ to be accurate) without a single miss! But other tests have shown PL5 missing a change but these changes are typically being made and detected in real-time, i.e. both PL5 and the other program running at the same time. PL5 should also be able to detect changes made while it is shut down. The ‘Read from image’ can be made at any time to refresh the metadata in PL5 so “if in any doubt” ‘Read from image’ (regardless of AS(ON) or AS(OFF) but if any changes have been made to the image metadata within/by PL5 such a command will cause the image metadata to be overwritten from the external, image source)!!

3. Set AS(OFF) and use the ‘Read from Image’ to force PL5 to refresh the metadata as and when and if you want it to. The new ‘Reconcilation’ ‘S’ indicator also helps avoid things getting out of step but, once again this depends for its absolute effectiveness on PL5 detecting all changes. I have seen things slip through the net and have no explanation (from me or DxO) for how that could happen, nor why it might have happened in the cases I have reported plus no advice on tests that I could run to help DxO “surround” and eradicate the problem if that is possible. Without the code, trying to formulate a test is next to impossible for someone on the outside and this is the reason for my request for the ‘Compare’ function to provide the ability to “help close any timing windows etc.” in the code.

If DxO implemented the icon for mismatches created by setting data in PL5, coupled with the direction indicators and a “Compare” function then it would at least be possible to determine the exact state of the metadata at any time.

Because of the occasional misstep by PL5 I cannot recommend AS(ON) without some reservations but I do find it really easy to live with while I am running tests!

In your case I would

1. Leave the database intact

2. Select all photos in a directory and ‘Files’ /‘Metadata’/‘Read from Image’ as and when and if you want the metadata in PL5 updated, e.g. when you first use PL5 after you have adjusted “old” JPGs in Photo Supreme and before you shut down PL5 if you even want PL5 to discover the rendered and keyworded and Rated JPGs at all!

However, you are arguably not interested in keeping PL5 up to date at all so AS(OFF) and (PL5 to) do nothing with the metadata whatsoever.

Do not read and definitely do not write any metadata from or to that directory!

Ignore the ‘S’ icon if it occurs! This would happen in your case for every JPG after you do the ‘Rating’ and ‘keywording’ in Photo Supreme iff (if and only if) the directory holding the JPGs is actually “discovered” by PL5, eg. if you put the exported JPGs from PL5 back into the same directory as the RAWs this is bound to happen but if you export them to a new (sub-)directory or move them then it won’t unless you deliberately or accidentally directed PL5 to that directory,

I hope that this helps more than it confuses and I “sort of” apologise for the length. I could certainly rewrite some of my posts after I have put down all the ideas on paper and that is much easier if I write them in Word or an alternative and then cut and paste and cull and precis … rather than write them directly into the forum post editor! But by the time I have got to the end I have had enough even more than a potential reader is going to have!

1 Like

Yes it is. After a re-edit the original keywords are still showing in the jpg using either of our discussed approaches. So at that point I only need to add if I want additional keywords.

Why not? I assume you are talking about when I have exported the jpg to the original directory where the RAW is. After I have done the jpg export I will be possibly/probably be adding or changing keywords in Photo Supreme.

It certainly helps but I must admit that I needed to reread the post a few times to find what I thought was applicable to my current situation. OTOH I truly appreciate the very thorough testing you do and your real efforts to help me, which even include your using the same DAM I do!

At this point I feel the easiest and safest approach for my workflow is to use the @John-M approach of automatically deleting the PL5 DB before starting PL. This is based on the fact you seem to have caught a few (very few) instances of PL5 missing some MD, and my preferring to not having to think about telling PL to read from file.

Thanks very much,
Rod

1 Like

After two requests from DXO for clarification of my questions I received this:

Here is some direct suggestions/questions from the developer team.

I also want to be able to open a RAW file (CR3) that has previously been developed and edited in Photolab and still have the Editing visible in the image and adjustment slider settings positions.

The customer should ensure that all applied editing settings were exported to .dop sidecars and then copy them along with his images to the new computer.

Many, but not all have keywords that I don’t want to lose

The customer should export metadata for all his images to .xmp files for RAW images or embedded metadata for JPG and TIFF images and then copy them along with those images to the new computer.

Will it work for him?"

Kind Regard,

Kelly- DxO Labs Support Team

In my support request I referenced this thread as a reason for my concerns.

1 Like