PL5 Automask cannot repaint over previously used Eraser

Local Adjustments - if you paint Automask, than Erase some parts and try to paint over erased area (for instance to refine edge), the final mask - result remains erased.

In PL4 it works fine.

Erased and repainted automask - mask:

Erased and repainted automask - result (Exposure Compensation maxed):

Good morning @Solivac ,

I can’t reproduce your issue:

Could you, please, provide me with your image + sidecar (please, upload them via upload.dxo.com)

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Svetlana, I can reproduce this but the clue is, if you select the eraser tool from the radial menu, everything works as expected, but if you hold down the Option key (Mac) to erase, the erased area is not repainted when you let go of the Option key and repaint.

1 Like

For me it doesn’t work even I select eraser tool from radial menu. If you erase some area and repaint it, it seems like masked area is “repainted”, but any correction like exposure, saturation etc. is not applied to previously erased and repainted parts of photo. I will send more later today after work.

One more thing - I’m on Mac. The video is from Windows version.

1 Like

I just tried it out. In my Windows version it works like in PL4.

1 Like

Okay, so the issue is Mac dependent. Let me move it to MAC section then.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

It seems like there is a bug when you try to paint with Automask tool to existing Automask mask. After you finish the “first paint” of mask, then if you paint more, the mask looks fine, however adjustments are performed only to the “original first mask area”. Eraser is probably ok, but when I tried to repaint erased mask again, it doesn’t work (blue mask is okay, but adjustments are restricted to the first mask painting only).