PL5.1: new features

Thank you for the ability to show my picture position in google maps.
But maybe I didn’t recognized it before, or it’s new: the GPS-Height is a little too exact at my picture: “378.33357142857142 m”, I think “378.334 m” (for mm;-)) would be enough;-).
But for the coordinates, there are missing values after seconds:
only DD° MM’ SS" N instead of DD° MM’ SS.SSS" N

My guess is that the device used to make those measurements isn’t anywhere nearly that accurate, those extra decimals are totally useless. Lucky if it’s somewhere between 376m and 380m.

1 Like

My guess is, that the value is transformed in the metric system and output without limitation of the digit count.

2 Likes

0.1 "corresponds to approx. 3 meters for the position. No GPS device that we use for photography is that precise.

Hello!

Thank you for the feedback. We will improve that field.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

3 Likes

With 5.1.1 it didn’t happened. I have to wait a little longer;-)

• Yes :slight_smile:

Regards,
Svetlana G.

With 5.1.2 it didn’t happened one again. I have to wait a little longer;-)

I wish you a merry christmas

Good morning!

Cool! Thank you!

Happy holidays! 8a6bf6df56d09da0

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Happy new year,

With 5.1.3 it didn’t happened one again. I have to wait a little longer;-)

I hope it’s not for Godot:-)

1 Like

With 5.1.4 it didn’t happened one again. I have to wait a little longer;-)

I think it’s for Godot:-)

1 Like

I notice with each new release you post the same response. Svetlana said they will improve the field. She didn’t say when, and she never suggested it would be in PL5. I believe her statement merely indicated it may have been added to the roadmap. It might not be addressed for quite some time depending on their priorities. And, by quite some time I mean it could take years. There are a number of very desirable small feature improvements that have been in the backlog for two or three years, and perhaps even longer.

Mark . .

2 Likes

And some big ones!

yes, but a small hot fix from %f to %.2f wouldn’t be a great thing.

1 Like

Hello!

• It will be fixed in PL5.2 I promise :wink:

Regards,
Svetlana G.

3 Likes

No, no decimal places! :rage: Neither with the seconds of the coordinates nor with the height. Decimal places are completely useless here and only pretend a non-existent accuracy.
If the height is given to 2 decimal places, does the height then refer to the earth’s surface or is the height of the photographer also taken into account here? :joy:

3 Likes

ok, then I would suggest the normal geocaching format:
“N 48° 49.452 E 2° 14.644” for the DxO Headquarter and no decimals for the height.

You’re right! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the confirmation :slight_smile:

Regards,
Svetlana G.