Pl4 wants me to download modules that are already installed

I have two computers with PL4. One is connected to the internet and the other is not. Both are set up exactly the same with the same modules and presets. I have just updated both to 4.3.1.

Now, the one that is not connected to the internet is indicating (the green down arrow) that I have to download the optics modules for my various cameras and lenses - even though the modules are already installed and show on the list.

The computer that is connected to the internet is working properly.

How do I fix this

thanks

1 Like

Good morning Allan,

Well, even old modules can be updated with the new release as some fixes are provided. Could you, please, try to reupload your modules?

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Update

I now have loaded the same photos onto a stick and opened them in PL4 on the same computer.

Now, there are no green down arrows and I can see the Lens Sharpness panel.

If I go back to the same photos on the HD, there are green down arrows and no Lens Sharpness panel.

Placing the stick into the internet computer, it works properly.

None of these photos have been processed with PL4 before.

Allan

Hello Svetlana

I downloaded the modules yesterday.

The photos are older - I took them in 2013. Could that make a difference?

They were taken with a Panasonic G5 and either a Panasonic 14mm f2.5 or an Olympus 45mm f1.8 lens.

Thanks

Allan

Good morning Alan,

• Nope, the shot date does not make any difference. Could you, please, also try the following:
    1 - Copy CAFList4.db from %LocalAppData%\DxO\DxO PhotoLab 4\ from your PC with Internet and put it in the same location on you PC without Internet (and remove the old one before).

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Svetlana

Copying CAFList4.db does not make any difference.

What is a work-around, however, is copying the files to a temp folder on the same drive.

The copies are working but the originals still have the same problem. Pressing Refresh (F5) does not work either.

Allan

Good morning Alan,

Ok, got it. Could you, please, create a ticket for support.dxo.com?

Regards,
Svetlana G.