PL4 Elite and Viewpoint

Thanks for rapid responses! I guess I must have unlocked Viewpoint 3 when I first installed PL4, since there is a menu item to activate Film Pack, which I dont have, but not one for Viewpoint.

What is confusing me is that I cant find all the options that show up in the standalone version of Viewpoint, like “horizon”, “magnifying glass” and “miniature effect”. There are also additional controls in the standalone version, like up/down, left/right in the perspective panel.

Are all these incorporated elsewhere in the plug in version?

David

see here

Some of the things that you mention(i.e. magnifying glass) are not available in the plug-in. However Horizon is available in the Geometry palette. The rest are contained in the Viewpoint palette which you may need to activate in the Workspace menu.

Thank you, Mark, for this useful information. I will check it out.

The trapezium used for correcting perspective would be much easier to move with the mouse if the control points could be constrained to move only at 0 or 90 degrees to the line with the addition of a modifier like Shft or Alt. But maybe that would render the option of four separate lines unnecessary.

David

1 Like