PL3 startup problems continue?

I thought I had this problem fixed but it seems that when I open PL3.2 today it loads the splash screen and pops up a problem report screen and everything freezes and ending PL with the Windows Task Manager is the only way to close the frozen program. My theory is that this is a Windows 10 problem because it only happens on Tuesdays or a bit later in the week after a Windows update. My remedy is to either repair the existing PL or install it again. After the repair PL works fine for a while then unexpectedly it happens again. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have a fix for it?

Larry

Hi, Larry. I’m having no such issues, but recognize that they can happen following Windows and driver updates. If you haven’t already, and your hardware drivers are up-to-date, it might be helpful to reboot and launch PowerShell(Admin) (right-click on the Start menu icon) and run this: sfc /scannow

If these tests all pass, I suppose checking Windows Event Viewer and PhotoLab log files might yield some clues.

@alex could you, please have a look and give some instructions?

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello @larrymc,

We need more diagnostic information from you like application logs, system logs, and crash reports, if any.

Best regards,
Alex

Thanks Alex,

I believe I have resolved my problem. I had changed my graphics card settings and they seemed to be causing the problem. Since I have changed them back to the previous settings PL3 starts up fine. Many thanks.

Larry

Hello @larrymc,

Could you please tell us what graphics card settings did you change?

Alex

Hi Alex, My Video card is a Nvidia k2100M with 2 Gb of dedicated memory. I set up a profile for PhotoLab in the Nvidia Control Panel and set anisotropic filtering to off and that corrected my problem. In addition doing this really speeds up my folder to folder loading and image displaying times. I also use Fast Raw Viewer and set the profile for it to application controlled so it would load and display DNG files properly as it was giving me nags about Anisotropic filtering being on.

Hope this helps

Larry

1 Like