PL 5 slowing down into unworkable nightmare

I’m having the absolute worst time with photo lab 5, I’ve not had issues previously but everything is slowing down to a near halt when using local adjustments. I’ll click on local adjustments, it’ll spin the wheel, then says 5.8 is not responding, snap back, show me my mask. Then I have to click on what I want to add or erase but it does the same spinning and not responding thing, then will finally allow me to do whatever corrections I want. Sometimes it completely freaks out and starts blinking between the program and my desktop. I have OpenCL, and Always prefer high quality previews selected. I’m running an older gaming rig, i5-9600, 16gb ram, and NVIDIA RTX 2080.

Anything else I may be able to do to correct this? My images are on a home server so a potential bottleneck, but I’ve never had issues like this before. It’s damn near unusable.

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps try checking to see if there’s an update to your GPU driver … NVIDIA

1 Like

And check your network, has any family member just got a gaming console or starting using Netflix etc. recently? - the kind of things that consume a lot of bandwidth.

1 Like

Hi Stephen,

what does the task manager show in the process load for the values CPU, RAM, Network and GPU. Then you could at least see if it is really DXO or maybe another process. Or check your router to see if it is a bandwidth problem as Daniel wrote.
Please also make sure that no other programs are running besides DXO, this will make troubleshooting a bit easier.

Last post appears to have solved the OPs issue. So may be worth a look.

Like I said in that thread I have experienced similar in PL5 lately but on Mac. My hardware is now barely making minimum spec though so I’m less bothered but the latest update on Mac at least has caused the program to slow down noticeably.

1 Like

Not that I’m aware but will check, I’m on a gig fiberoptic line, so usually I have the bandwidth for multiple things. But now I’m wondering if anything unusual is happening.

Hmmm interesting, I haven’t had an issue with Deep Prime before, but it was majorly bugging out when I tried to denoise that image, it just spun and spun and spun. I’ll try leaving it off until the end. Thanks for linking that. Glad I’m not the only one.

I’ll check that out. I ended up clearing cache, restarted everything multiple times, and then ended up just ditching my edits and started fresh with the image. Seems to have calmed things down a bit, at least back to workable. I’ll make sure to keep an eye on the task manager though, curious to see.

I’ll look into that, thanks for the recommendation!