PL 4.3 Sony A1 images scrambled

Hello,

Has anyone tried to open Sony A1 images on the new PL 4.3? Mine are coming up completely scrambled, just vertical coloured lines. Am I missing something?

Many thanks for your help,

George

Next morning edit: I think the answer is that uncompressed and compressed A1 ARW files are supported but lossless compressed are not. Would be good to see these supported soon.

Hello @Yorgos ,

Welcome to DxO forum.

Could you, please, upload one or two example iamges (RAW) to upload.dxo.com under your forum name (instead of the support ticket number) and let me know when ready.

Best regards,
Marie

Mine also. Initially they come up clear and then scramble in seconds.

1 Like

Hi Marie,

Done - I’ve also uploaded a screenshot of the issue.

Many thanks,

George

Thanks.
I’ve opened a bug. We will try to fix it ASAP. I’ll keep you updated.

Regards,
Marie

2 Likes

Sounds like you have what you need, but let me know if you need another example. Windows 10.

I’m having the issues and opened a ticket. I think you are right that the problem lies with the loosless compression.

1 Like

My files were Lossless Compressed.

I have also had the identical issue. And I attached a screenshot to my support request ticket.

No difference with or without graphics card acceleration.

I just heard back on my ticket that I opened on this issue here’s their reply. hank you for writing.
Please note that support for the RAW files from the Sony A1 camera is expected to be released for use in DxO PhotoLab 4 sometime this coming July.

If you have not already done so, may we recommend that you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter. It contains information about new features, new camera support and updates being added to our programs. You can subscribe to the newsletter at this location

https://www.dxo.com/subscribe/

Thank you for contacting DxO Customer Support and please have a good weekend. If you should need additional assistance with other program related issues or have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us using our online support system.

You can use the Adobe DNG converter, not Lightroom, to convert from Sony A1 .arw file to .DNG. Then open in DxO photo lab 4.3. Yes, it is a hassle but it works. And it is one less step from having to edit the exit data. Sorry DxO, I really like your product but 5 months to wait from camera release to working DxO photo lab release for raw images is too much time.

I tried it today with Uncompressed RAW files and got the same results. It’s frustrating to see the images come up initially, but the scramble within a few seconds.

I don’t ever remember DxO releasing an update support and new camera and it not converting the RAW files. Really frustrating.

I confirm that it also scrambles uncompressed ARW files. I also made a support case, but cannot see the responses as the support page has been down for me for the last two days. However, I must admit that I had misread the information at Supported Cameras - DxO which clearly states that DXO PL 4.3.0 support for the a1 will only come in July. Not long to wait.
Ed

This is a bit of a mystery - lossy compressed and uncompressed ARW’s work fine for me, it’s just the lossless compressed that are a problem. Not that it should make any difference but for the sake of comparison, I’m on macOS 11.4 and I get the same result on a 24mm 1.4 GM and a Sigma 35mm 1.2.
George

I don’t know what happened between yesterday and today, but I just converted 20 uncompressed RAW files, using DeepPRIME with no issues. Window 10, 64-bit.

Hello,

@constable @dcstep

I wasn’t aware of problems with uncompressed RAW.
Could you, please, upload one or two example iamges (RAW) to upload.dxo.com under your forum name (instead of the support ticket number) and let me know when ready.

Best regards,
Marie

I’m using 11.4 as well. Strange.

I’ve just had a thought. My files have been opened in LR. I’ll try with one straight out of the camera. But as I noted above, DXO say it will only be supported in July

Ed

Isn’t DXO the company that test all cameras and lenses?

Hello @pharmer5 ,

no, that’s DxOMark. Companies are completely different since 4 years now.

Regards,
Marie

Marie I uploaded two files for you to review.
Arnie