PL 2 errors at start

My PL2 takes an age to launch and during which gives the following error message x 2
" The procedure entry point fatBinaryCtl could not be located in the dynamic link libary "

Anyone else get this? what does it mean and how do I get around it.
W10 64bit
TIA

Hello and welcome to the forum!

@alex could you, please, have a look at that?

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello @alfonsofrisk,

When have you started experiencing this issue?

Best regards,
Alex K.

Started a few months ago, been kiving with it but know its getting annoying

@alfonsofrisk,

As I understand it had been properly working before, right? Do you remember what third-party software and\or Windows updates you installed at that time?

Did you try to reinstall the application? If not, please try.

Best regards,
Alex K.

No, I do not recall installing any other 3rd party software. Windows update have been installed recently in line with MS roll outs as normal.
I will try a fresh install of PL2 yes?

Yes, let’s try it. Looks like some PhotoLab’s dependency got broken.

Best regards,
Alex K.

OK an update.
I firstly ran the PL2 application and selected the repair option. This failed mid way through.
Then ran the full install and this ran without issue.
Programme launched x 3 and seems to running as normal.
Thanks for your help

You’re welcome!

Best regards,
Alex K.

This issue has started again 1 day after einstalling the programme

Have you done a virus and/or malware scan?

The next thing to try is to repair any corrupt Windows files. Right click on the Start menu icon and select Windows PowerShell (Admin). The PowerShell window will open. If you don’t get a command prompt within 15 seconds, select the window and press Enter. Now type the following commands:

sfc /scannow
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /Checkhealth

If neither of these commands finds any errors, run this:
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

If you get errors and the dism command says the Windows image can be repaired, run this:
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

That usually finds and fixes errors like this. You should reboot and run these commands once more to make sure everything’s now OK.

If you continue to have problems, there are other things to try.

References:

1 Like

This looks to be a similar problem I had and it related to the drivers for my video card (Nvidia Quadro k2100M). Check your device manager and update your display adapter drivers. This corrected my problem.

1 Like