Photoshop Plugin for Windows Issue

I purchased the DxO FilmPack 6 ELITE Edition, and while it works as a stand alone product, I cannot get it to work within Photoshop.

I have uninstalled and re-installed a few times (the only suggestion on the site) and that has not fixed it. I notice that in the directory (Program files / Common Files / Adobe / Plug-Ins / CC / DxO FIlmPack 6 that it has an 8bf file (similar to the ones for Nik Collection in a similar directory) but it has no config file with it in the folder (all of the 8bf files for Nik collection have a config folder). No idea if this is relevant.

When I double click the 8bf folder a popup in Photoshop comes up with a warning of “Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document.” When I try to drag the plugin file to Photoshop I get the message "Could not place “PhotoshopPlugin-filter64dfpv6.8bf” because no parser or file format can open the file.

My PC is a relatively new high end system and Photoshop is the latest version. Nik Collection 4 (on the same system) did not have this problem, it works fine within Photoshop.

I emailed support about this, but never received any replies, so any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I have no problem with the FilmPack 6 plugin in Photoshop CC, it works fine.
In the … Plug-Ins \ CC \ DxO FilmPack 6 directory, there is only the PhotoshopPlugin-filter64dfpv6.8bf file, and no config folder.
In Photoshop help / About external modules, is there a DxO FilmPack 6 entry?