PhotoLab Version and Updates

Greetings,
I have a Canon body with a mix of Canon and Sigma lenses. All of my gear appears to be supported in v1.0 of PhotoLab. I am using DPP now, but do not have lens correction support for my Sigma glass. I’m interested in a perpetual license software. PhotoLab looks great and should provide the support I’m looking for.

I’m curious about a few things. Can someone please tell me what type of release cadence I can expect from DxO PhotoLab software.

PhotoLab is v1.0. So using Optics Pro as a comparison, how often does DxO labs typically release updates. Monthly, quarterly, yearly?

I saw some posts from users who stated their lenses were no longer supported after updating lens FW. Two of my Sigma lenses recently received updates. One of which is brand new and shipped with the latest FW. What’s the typical turn around time between FW release and support for the lens in the software? I’m leaving DPP to gain support for my non Canon lenses. The lens support tool makes no guarantee of compatibility. I’m happy to invest in the software, but want to have realistic expectations.

Also, if PhotoLab v2.0 is slated to be released soon, I’d rather wait for it instead of buying v1.0 and having to upgrade, even at a reduced price.

I can see there are not a lot of users here. This doesn’t worry me. So if I receive a response from the manufacturer, please address my questions.

Thank You

Hello @shadowsports,

So usually you have the main version release with all the features approximately once a year. Then during this year you’ll have intermediate releases with new bodies, bug fixes and light new features approximately once in 1.5 - 2 months.

Yep, we had some complaints about it but as soon as we get such a complaint we fix the issue.

It’s up to you but it’s not planned until November at least.

It’s because part of the users are still on the old Forum and this one is new.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hi Svetlana,
Thank you for the helpful replies to my questions. I see that v1.1.2 is the current build available. Excited to buy the software. I think it will be a great tool and am looking forward to using it.

Thanks Again!

You are welcome :slight_smile:

Hi @shadowsports … Welcome to the DxO “club” !

One of the great things about DxO is that you actually get responses from DxO staff to your questions and support issues … as you have just experienced for yourself (with response from Svetlana).

Regards, John M

Hi John,
I purchased the Elite version the end of last month and waited until v1.2 got released to install. I noticed a bunch of new features had been added, requests I read about here. Nice to see the updates. I might have to purchase the Nix collection too, as I’ve used some of them before with good results. I still have one lens that no optic module “officially” exists for. Sigma 24-70 F2.8 DG OS HSM/Art.

When I open a folder of images shot with this lens, the optics module downloader recommends the Canon 24-70 F2.8L II. I didn’t download that module, but am wondering if it would work until an official module gets released? I think it said “suitable”. I’ve submitted a request.

I also have a Sigma TC-1401 1.4x teleconverter that I purchased with my 150-600 Sigma “C” series (recently). The lens is supported, but the optic module combos listed are for 150-600 / TC-1401 1.4x MKII or III. Mine is plain TC-1401 (I think) and when I visit Sigma’s site there is no MKII or III designation I could find. Not quite clear about that, but doubt it will make a difference like a lens module might. So reading and using the tutorials to become familiar with the controls and palettes. The lens correction modules for the many Canon lenses I do own works wonderfully.

Thanks,

Rick

Hello Rick,
About this one:

Well, you can try and see the result. In case you do not like it you can remove the module at any time: DxO Modules -> Installed DxO Modules…
But all in all it shouldn’t behave like this, I mean suggests Canon module instead of Sigma and we need to investigate it. Could you, please, provide me with the sample image?

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Good Morning,
Sure, here is the full size .cr2 IMG_1159.CR2 (32.1 MB)

With the corresponding EXIF data and Canon 24-70 Suggestion. The picture was actually shot with a Sigma 24-70 F2.8 DG OS HSM Art (017) - Which I am hoping of course will be added to the modules database.

Thanks a lot. We’ll investigate the issue.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hi Svetlana,
Any updates on this issue?

Thank You :slight_smile:

Hi @shadowsports,

Yep, we fixed the issue and it should be delivered in the coming week if nothing unexpected happen.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello @shadowsports,

I confirm issue will be solved today.

Regards,

I see it listed… THANK YOU very much Svetlana!!!

Canon EOS 6D Mark II Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG OS HSM A

You are welcome! :tada: