Photolab update with EM1x support - bad camera profile?

I’ve uploaded 10 pictures

The 1st set is ISO 200, the original Raw then the default rendering from DXO, Capture One, LightRoom, and Olympus Workspace

The 2nd set is ISO 6400 with a similar set of 5 files

Thanks for taking a look at this! I’d check out why the rendering stays the same if the default EM1x profile is switched to the Olympus EM1m2 profile as these should not be rendering the same. The raws from the two cameras, even though they are using the same sensor, are not the same as Olympus stated they increased the dynamic range and adjusted the tonality etc etc.

Thank you, John. I’ve got them. The issue will be investigated and we’ll fix the module asap.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Yesterday PhotoLab asked me to download an E-M1X-300mm lens profile, does this mean that the revised module has been released?

Thanks, Peter

It’s a question to @Marie :wink:

Hello,

we released modules for E-M1 X with M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm F4 IS Pro and M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm F4 IS Pro with TC 1.4x along with E-M1 X so nothing has changed.

Next PhotoLab release, in July, will have correction for green tint issue.

Regards,
Marie

Hi Marie,

Thanks for the update.

Regards, Peter

And the overexposure issue time frame?

We will investigate it, when I lnwo when we can release the fix I’ll inform you.

Regards,
Marie

Hi Svetlana, Marie,

Please can you confirm whether the fix is in the recently released v2.3.1? I can’t tell from the release notes because they just mention “Bug fixes”.

Thanks, Peter

It drives me round the bend this “bug fixes” as you say there is no way of knowing if your problem has been fixed and the fix isn’t fully working or that nothing has been done.

@Marie could you, please, assist?

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello,

PL 2.3.1 fixed the green tint issue but not the overexposition, correction was done a bit to late to be integrated.
It will be in next release.
In the meantime you can adjust it manually. Sorry for the delay.

regards,
Marie

1 Like

Thanks Marie! I had already posted over on DPreview an update on your progress with comparison shots noting the color shift issue was resolved and noted the overexposure issue remained. Glad to see that’s been fixed and will be integrated into the next release. I updated my dpreview thread as well.

Thanks for the fix!!

Hello,

So I did the test of the issue - it’s fixed. The fix will be included in the next release.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Hi Sventlana,

Given that PhotoLab v3 has just been released, will there be a further release of version 2 that includes the EM1X over exposure fix?

Is the fix in PhotoLab 3?

Thanks, Peter

Hello Peter,

Yes, there will be one more minor release of PL2 with some fixes including this one. And yes, it definitely is in PL3.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Great, thanks Svetlana!

Regards, Peter

1 Like

Hi Svetlana,

I’ve just updated to 2.3.2 but I’m still finding that EM1X RAW files are about 0.6 stops brighter than in v3.0.1. I’ve also compared v3.0.1 and Photoshop / Camera Raw and they seem very close, whereas v2.3.2 continues to look over exposed by comparison.

I’ve already paid to upgrade to v3 but did the EM1X fix make it into v2.3.2?

Thanks, Peter

Hello @Peter-S,

Hm… @Marie could you, please, check it?

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello,

unfortunately 2.3.2 doesn’t contain any fix related to RAW process so fix is only in v3.
@Peter-S, you can contact the support for that issue.

regards,
Marie