***PhotoLab Beta-Test program is starting for 2020-2021! (All information to apply inside)***

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

We’re starting PhotoLab’s Beta-test program for the 2020-2021 period!
As for last year, you’ll find all needed information on this post!

And as always, enjoy and spread the words to people who may be interested in participating.
We count on you :wink:

===

What is the beta-test program?
Beta-test program allows the participants to thoroughly test unreleased future versions of our software, while discussing directly with the product owner and the development team.

Who can join?
Everyone who wishes to actively use our software, whether as a main or secondary solution to edit their RAW.

What do we want from you?
We’d like to remind you that being part of beta-testing, and directly in contact with the people who craft this software is a privilege.
So we expect you to follow 4 simple rules :

• Actively participate in building the future of our flagship software: As we continuously deliver beta versions during the year, we’re asking you to give us feedback on a regular basis. We can understand that some timeframes can be busier than others, but as long as we hear from you regularly, that’s all what matters.
  • Stay polite and respectful towards the DxO staff and, of course, other forums members: This is a must. No one is here to troll, feed the trolls, or act as a punchingball for others. Suggesting things and give feedback shouldn’t be an opportunity for some to show off superiority or anything. We’re all at the same level and work towards the same goal : improving our product so it will fit your needs better and better.
  • Be patient: We do our best to always read, think on and take into account your suggestions and ideas. That’s why we ask you to be patient and understanding, even if we take a long time to answer to your posts, or to have requested features implemented in the software. Some will be implemented fast, some will take longer, or won’t at all, as we have to follow specific strategies.
  • Confidentiality: to be part of this program, you’ll have to sign a NDA anyways, so we expect you to strictly respect this agreement.

I’m already a DxO PhotoLab Beta-tester, do I have to do anything to be part of the new program?
If you are already beta-testing DxO PhotoLab, you’ll have to apply to this new program.
We want it to be an active and personal decision, and not some automatic status set for you.
Basically, if you apply, fill the prerequisites and are notified to be accepted, you’ll keep on getting access to the private part of the forum. Otherwise, your account rights will be reseted to standard after the 15th of november.

How to apply?
Just send a direct message to my account, on this forum, with the following informations:

• First Name and Last Name
  • email adress you wish to use to be notified
  • What country are you from?
  • What platform do you use (Mac or Windows)?
  • What is your hardware configuration?
  • Are you a professional photographer?
  • What is your main type of photography?
  • What photographic gear do you use?
  • Do you already have a personal licence of PhotoLab/OpticsPro? Which version?
  • What other solution(s) do you use on a regular basis in your workflow?

Note that we need to have this information to validated your profile, so please, take the time to send a complete one.
And YES, even if you already were a Beta-Tester, you’ll also need to send these information in order for us to have an accurate and up-to-date profile.

===

Once you’ve applied, you’ll be notified if you’re part of the program or not by the 4th of december at the latest.
Please don’t send message to have an updated status in the meantime. You’ll have an answer anyways. So once again, as long as you’ve sent all the required information, you’ll just have to be patient.

If you have any questions please let us know by replying to this topic.

We hope you’ll be part of this new adventure and wish you a great day and week.

Best regards,
The DxO Team.

14 Likes

Hi Fabrizio

Let’s go.
I’m going back :smiley:

“Be patient” it is the most difficult.
Pascal

3 Likes

Awesome! I am excited for this test (:

1 Like

Hi Fabrizio

Let’s go for a new adventure with Dxo!
I can’t wait to start.

Michel

1 Like

Also looking forward to the next round of beta-testing

1 Like

Thank you all for you applications already (some of you were lightning fast :smiley: )

That’s really great to have such enthousiastic people getting onboard for the first time or continuing the adventure with us since a looong one. We’re fortunate to create such passion.

We have 41 candidates so far and that’s awesome. Keep them coming :wink:

Just to keep you informed for the following steps, I’ll get back to those who sent their application soon, sending you the rest of the information and the NDA to sign.
So stay tuned and be patient if you didn’t had any answer yet, that’s normal

I’ll also confirm here when this “second step” of the process will be done.

Best regards,
CapatinPO

9 Likes

Dear @CaptainPO count me in for this new chapter !
I will apply as soon as I get back to my Mac.
It is a nice adventure with all of you in the backstage :+1:t4:

1 Like

Hello I’m available if you wish.

Best regards,

Jacques

Hi you need to do this by PM.
Private message.
Click on captainpo’s icon and click on message.
Cut above out your post and paste inthere.

1 Like

As Peter indicated, you need to send a private message to @CaptainPO directly, using the Message feature of this site, rather than posting your qualifications and interests here.

Mark

Gerard, I don’t think you understand where the response needs to be sent. It should not appear in this thread. Did you read my earlier post? You need to send a separate private message to @CaptainPO. You should not attach it in this topic.

Mark

Gérard, il faut utiliser ce bouton après avoir cliqué sur la photo de monsieur CaptainPO.

1 Like

As both Peter and Mark have already stated, you need to send a PRIVATE message by clicking on @CaptainPO’s badge and then choosing Direct Message. Do not post your details here again.

In my case it just says “Message” and that he posted twice in this thread. It’s a puzzle to find out this means “Private Message”

George

Hi @George you do not have this windows opening when you clic on Message ?
:bulb:Maybe “Message direct” is the french translation only.

J’ai eu même problème l’année dernière, l’icône message direct n’apparaissait pas.
J’ai navigué entre les sujets du forum en cliquant sur plusieurs personnes et puis miracle le bouton message direct est enfin apparu pour captainPO…

Relax guys, George has killed no one !
I had same bug last year.

1 Like

I just posted a reply as a private message, by accident.:face_with_head_bandage:
Both screens just say “Message”. I don’t know if it is a difference in language and\or os.

George

got same issue last year

I am. :slightly_smiling_face:
I suppose it would be better as CaptianPo by graphic’s a form of handyguide post’s in his invitation. (Not everyone is a forum hangout’er who are used to the different communication way’s in a forum.

My right click show’s “message” also. Which is like email the forummember. Sortoff.

Edit, it just come to me, would it be possible that EA and “normal” members have different right’s and thus different visiualisation? Aka no direct message possible to higher staf members? (he’s the Ceo.)

:bulb:

:uk:
The first fix to try is: Log out, clean your browser’s cache, log in again.
In most cases it helps solving browsing and authentication problems.

:fr:
La première chose à faire est d’essayer : Déconnectez-vous, nettoyez le cache de votre navigateur, reconnectez-vous.
Dans la plupart des cas, cela permet de résoudre les problèmes de navigation et d’authentification.