We’re starting PhotoLab’s Beta-test program for the 2020-2021 period!
As for last year, you’ll find all needed information on this post!
And as always, enjoy and spread the words to people who may be interested in participating.
We count on you
What is the beta-test program?
Beta-test program allows the participants to thoroughly test unreleased future versions of our software, while discussing directly with the product owner and the development team.
Who can join?
Everyone who wishes to actively use our software, whether as a main or secondary solution to edit their RAW.
What do we want from you?
We’d like to remind you that being part of beta-testing, and directly in contact with the people who craft this software is a privilege.
So we expect you to follow 4 simple rules :
- Actively participate in building the future of our flagship software: As we continuously deliver beta versions during the year, we’re asking you to give us feedback on a regular basis. We can understand that some timeframes can be busier than others, but as long as we hear from you regularly, that’s all what matters.
- Stay polite and respectful towards the DxO staff and, of course, other forums members: This is a must. No one is here to troll, feed the trolls, or act as a punchingball for others. Suggesting things and give feedback shouldn’t be an opportunity for some to show off superiority or anything. We’re all at the same level and work towards the same goal : improving our product so it will fit your needs better and better.
- Be patient: We do our best to always read, think on and take into account your suggestions and ideas. That’s why we ask you to be patient and understanding, even if we take a long time to answer to your posts, or to have requested features implemented in the software. Some will be implemented fast, some will take longer, or won’t at all, as we have to follow specific strategies.
- Confidentiality: to be part of this program, you’ll have to sign a NDA anyways, so we expect you to strictly respect this agreement.
I’m already a DxO PhotoLab Beta-tester, do I have to do anything to be part of the new program?
If you are already beta-testing DxO PhotoLab, you’ll have to apply to this new program.
We want it to be an active and personal decision, and not some automatic status set for you.
Basically, if you apply, fill the prerequisites and are notified to be accepted, you’ll keep on getting access to the private part of the forum. Otherwise, your account rights will be reseted to standard after the 15th of november.
How to apply?
Just send a direct message to my account, on this forum, with the following informations:
- First Name and Last Name
- email adress you wish to use to be notified
- What country are you from?
- What platform do you use (Mac or Windows)?
- What is your hardware configuration?
- Are you a professional photographer?
- What is your main type of photography?
- What photographic gear do you use?
- Do you already have a personal licence of PhotoLab/OpticsPro? Which version?
- What other solution(s) do you use on a regular basis in your workflow?
Note that we need to have this information to validated your profile, so please, take the time to send a complete one.
And YES, even if you already were a Beta-Tester, you’ll also need to send these information in order for us to have an accurate and up-to-date profile.
Once you’ve applied, you’ll be notified if you’re part of the program or not by the 4th of december at the latest.
Please don’t send message to have an updated status in the meantime. You’ll have an answer anyways. So once again, as long as you’ve sent all the required information, you’ll just have to be patient.
If you have any questions please let us know by replying to this topic.
We hope you’ll be part of this new adventure and wish you a great day and week.
The DxO Team.