PhotoLab 5 unknown error when exporting with DeepPrime

I cannot export with DeepPrime, I receive the message “unknown error”.
I tried with GPU (1050 Ti) and CPU, the result is the same.
This is the same problem that I once encountered with PL 4, but seemed to have been solved later with an update.

Good morning @Bluelake and welcome to the forum,

Could you, please, provide us with the logs? ( Log files – %UserProfile%\Documents\DxO PhotoLab 5 logs)

If it’s not possible to attach them here, please use upload.dxo.com and let us know when ready.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello,

I have just uploaded the logs.

Thanks.

Juan

Hello,

What name do you use when uploading? I can’t find anything with “Bluelake” :frowning:

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hi there! I have the same issue than @Bluelake, Deep prime seem to malfunction for a few photos, but not for all of them. And it seems to be irregular, few photos that are quite similar don’t work with deeprime. I also tried without Deeprime, and the problem is the same. The particular thing is that it worked great with PL4…

I can forward to you the photos with the log if you need

Good morning and welcome to the forum!

• Yes, please. Upload them via upload.dxo.com and let me know when ready.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Thank you =)

That is done, I uploaded the log right now. Let me know if you can use it, I wish you’ll find a way to resolve this =) Thanks again!

Guillaume

Could you, please, share some photos as well?

I have the feeling that it’s an issue we are working right now but I need to reproduce it to confirm.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

That’s done!

The photos 6338 and 6434 were processed without trouble. The 6579 and 6381 had the issue mentioned above.

Thank you for your work =)

Good morning @guillaume.bellefleur ,

Thank you for the files, but all of them are properly processed on my machine. Could you, please, provide me with sidecars to these images?

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Yes, but I don’t know what sidecars are :slight_smile:

Can you explain how I can give you those?

She’s referring to the <.dop> files tha appear beside each photo after processing in DXO PL5. They look like this: image

1 Like

@guillaume.bellefleur

Can’t see if you mentioned or have done so in your contacts with DXO possibly away from the forum but what are you running PL5 on?

Windows or MacOS?

If MacOS and specifically the Latest version Monterey then there are known issues with DeepPRIME and MacOS/Monterey. Seems to be hit and miss. Some photos work some don’t. For me cropping results in every export failing but for others it doesn’t.

Some reading> "Processing Failed for an Unknown Reason" - error message - #73 by Lost_Manc

I’m wondering if it’s not my machine… I’m running PL5 on a HP spectre 13" from 2017. Maybe a bit old, but it has the minimal configuration to run it. And my concern is more about the fact that some photos work, and some don’t. And the photos share the same characteristics (cropped or not, and the same (practically) post production process).

Unfortunately I don’t have the sidecars for those, as I disabled the option in PL4 and PL5…

It’s strange, because the deep prime problem seem to be okay with my new images. Could it be an issue with images previously imported in PL4?

Thanks for your support,

regards,
Guillaume

Good morning @guillaume.bellefleur ,

Could you, please, export sidecars for the images that has the error in processing manually?

DxO.PhotoLab_i8EhesL4Bm

We should investigate if it’s connected to the special correction or the configuration odf your PC.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

That’s done!

If you could give me a feedback about what you’ll find, it will be with pleasure =)

Regards,
Guillaume

Hello Guillaume,

I can process your images with no error as soon as I disable watermark palette.

• I see in your logs:
    021-11-18 17:07:06.958 | DxO.PhotoLab - 7196 - 1 | Addins - Warn | The watermark image "C:\Users\guill\AppData\Local\DxO\DxO PhotoLab 4\Watermarks\8e8f184e-acbd-4eb8-8e65-38b3f386a94e\G.Bellefleur_Photographe_Logo_Blanc.png" cannot be open: IOError. Skipped.

So could you, please, check your watermark image and storage place and if the error is still actual after that, please provide me with that watermark image.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

I just updated my watermark and it work fine… Thank you very much for your time and the support! =) Very appreciated!

Regards,

guillaume

You are welcome! :slight_smile: