PhotoLab 5.7 Sneakily Changed Colour Rendering(s)

I have never said anything about “fudge”. In fact, I have just completed additional tests and agree completely with your principal conclusion that the 4 neutral color renderings are directly comparable in PL5.70 vs. PL6.20. What I have objected to is your using @eriepa quotes from platypus as if they are my personal quotes. You have done this again in your latest post. Maybe just a misunderstanding about who said what. All is OK. Hats off to DxO for normalizing the neutral color rendering between PL5 and PL6. Thank-you for providing additional information regarding your testing.

1 Like

@eriepa Thank you for confirming my conclusions, it took me longer than it should to get to them because of simple errors by me along the way!

I am sorry I saw and used you quoting @platypus as if they were your quotes and that your protestations fell on deaf ears.

I am used to those quotes looking like this (above and below) and failed to look properly at the first line of your post (and failed to recognise those lines as coming from the first post) as a consequence I created even more confusion between us which was entirely unnecessary and counter productive.

Once again I apologise, I must look harder and see and understand exactly what is there to avoid confusion (my confusion).

In the meantime there are differences between PL5.5.0 and PL6.2.0, i.e. the differences I found between PL5.5.0 and PL5.7.0 and reported in a post earlier in this topic.

Here showing between PL5.5.0 and PL6.2.0

These are tiny differences between the images @Barbara-S but it would be good to know what they are?

While I am glad that this item is fixed it would also have been good to have this item listed amongst the fixes in the PL6.2.0 to alert users, enabling them to verify that it is fixed in their case and to return to using those features.

Had a look at the settings again in DPL versions 5.5, 5.6 , 5.7 and all available versions 6 on Mac.

The verification shows that, no matter what the settings’ name is, it’s reported to be the “Fidelity” setting in the .dop sidecars. Assuming that an “internal” setting stays the same, all versions should render the image in the same way…but some slight changes persist between DPL versions 5 and 6, and we’ve already mentioned that in other posts too.

For the tests, I only used colour rendering in DPL5 and saved the .dop file, which was then read by the next version. All other settings (tools) were switched off. As reported by others, the setting in question was not renamed in DPL for Windows. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Bryan-

Thank-you, and I can see how I may have contributed to the misunderstanding of who was saying what when. No problem, really. Am glad we got to quick agreement regarding the neutral color rendering (Classic aRGB) in PL5.7 and PL6.2, the latest versions. At least in Win PCs, that is. Can’t speak to what may going on with the Mac versions though (see recent platypus post). Cheers!