PhotoLab 3 is in!

The € 49,99 price is likely for the Essential edition and the € 69,99 is for the Elite edition. In addition the code/key is what you would have gotten if you purchased PhotoLab from a third party.

Mark

1 Like

yes right, just like that

Thank you Mark. Just asking. Clear to buy now :slight_smile:

Just ignore the button, though I doubt that this is a serious comment, oder anders gesagt, Mensch Friedhelm mach keinen Quatsch und sei schön brav :wink:

or in other words, man Friedhelm don’t do any nonsense and be a good boy :wink:

Ja es reicht!
Nik Filter sind ein Rückschritt und so wie ich sehe ist an der U-Point Technologie (U-Point-Auswahl) auch nicht viel geändert, das Bearbeitunsfeld scheint immer noch über dem zu stehen was man bearbeiten will!

Google Übersetzer
Yes it is enough!
Nik filters are a step backwards and as I see U-Point technology has not changed much, the editing field still seems to be above what you want to edit!

2 Likes

None specific tuto but the expression " PL3 " you have to search.
Pascal

Other than the three main enhancements documented in “What’s new in PL3” what other changes are people finding. For Instance, I noticed that when you create virtual copies now the original version is marked with an M for master. I also noticed the start up time is a couple of seconds quicker on my Windows 10 machine and moving from image to image seem to be a second or two faster . I think I read there was a small change or two to the Photo Library but not sure what it is.

Mark

Caution, The original image becomes the Master image and Deleting the main image causes all virtual copies to be deleted !
http://tuto.dxo.free.fr/EN/Efficacite/Efficiency.html#B19_Le_Recadrage

To find the all updates, Search for expression: PL3 in the tutorial.

Pascal

2 Likes

This is a step back as befor you could delete the imigrs not wanted and as I understand it what was left became the corrected mastery

1 Like

I just read the PL3 references in your tutorial and I noted the change that you also mention in your response to me regarding the deletion of a Master copy also deleting all virtual copies. I’m not happy about that one. I often create multiple virtual copies and have on many occasions deleted the original version because I find I prefer one of the virtual copies more. Since apparently we can no longer delete the original master I’ll be stuck with a copy of the image I no longer need. I’m not sure of the reason they changed this. Is there an advantage to this change that I’m not aware of?

Mark

3 Likes

Glad to hear that I’m not the only one disappointed with this change.

Mark

1 Like

In that case, why not simply copy the adjustments from your new favourite and paste them into the “master” before deleting any other virtual copies you no longer want?

2 Likes

Thanks Joanna. I already thought of that, But its an unnecessary extra step. Unless this change was made for a good reason, I’d rather go back to the way things were.

Mark

Wait for Black Friday then, birdpictures. It’s only a few weeks.

I bit early to support DxO. It looks like they built with a newer version of xCode. Three of my four working computers are on El Capitan. PhotoLab 3 won’t open. So I’ll have to refund PhotoLab 3. Perhaps I’ll rebuy on Black Friday.

Love the new colour wheel features for transforming colours. I’m missing one key feature: a custom colour in the filter tool. I only need one: it would be to remove magenta colour cast from very high ISO files on my recently acquired D810 (not shooting Canon or Sony any more but all Nikon, thanks to their amazing Z6, a gateway drug) using a variation of the photo filter technique.

I would say bite the bullet if you are that sour over such a minor thing. It suggests you would pay a 69 EURO upgrade fee just to remove a button, which implies you certainly got your priorities wrong.

1 Like

The button is ugly and distracting and shouldn’t be there for people who don’t have Nik installed and have indicated in preferences they do not intend to.

Where’s your car parked? I’m asking as I’d like to come by to slap a sticker on your windshield to eat at my restaurant.

2 Likes

…hmm. virtual copies just produce more lines f text in the sidecar files. I therefore tried to copy some settings within the sidecar in order to create two images with the same processing.

I therefore copied the suspected section of text into the suspected target section and saved the sidecar (all you need is TextEdit and some courage), reopened DPL and imported the manipulated sidecar. It worked: I got two identically looking images, but they were both like the master, so I must have copied the wrong section… :crazy_face:

The easier way would probably be to create a preset from the desirable VC and then apply this to the master… :grin:

I am sorry to bust your bubble: PhotoLab is not your space. It is software that is licensed to you and that you do not own, like basically any modern software that is not open-source.

Although I am not a fan of it, they have every right to put it there and they do it to make people aware of the Nik Collection. Annoying for sure, unfair absolutely not!

Also that button isn’t any more ugly than the Export button next to it.

All I want to be able to do is delete the original and keep the virtual copies like I could in PL2.

Mark

4 Likes

Floris, do you know who funds PhotoLab? We do. If we don’t want the button, it behooves DxO to listen to us. If they don’t, they can expect regular kicks in the shin from those of us who don’t like it. I do less promotion of PhotoLab on forums since that button went in and DxO refuses to add a preference to remove it. The absence of a preference to remove that button has cost DxO between €2000 and €20000 of free promotion depending on how one chooses keep score (revenue or cost).

DxO doesn’t need their own special Ayn Rand neoliberal apologists to defend them. Their own paid representatives can do the job. Both Friedhelm and I finished high school a long time ago. We no longer need or want to hear the class sycophant try to curry favour with the teacher.

Anywhere, where is your car parked, Floris. I’d still like to stop by to slap on my (small) yellow sticker for your windshield.

1 Like