PhotoLab 3 is in!

I understand that support r older operating systems will be removed. What I don’t understand is why Windows 7 incompatibility wasn’t specifically mentioned until after I had paid for the upgrade.

2 Likes

Morning,

• It’s support.dxo.com You can write them directly explaining your problem. Here on the Forum we do not deal with financial questions.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

It is: https://www.dxo.com/de/dxo-photolab/download/

I updated to PL 3 because I want to support the photolab team. Although not perfect, I like it more than any other RAW processor.
HSL is a big step forward.
However, I have a question: Half a year ago, the watermark feature was promised and it was said to be coming soon. I was hoping to see her in the PL3 and am slightly disappointed with her absence. I would like to know when we will see her realized.

Regards,
Koko

It isn’t
https://shop.dxo.com/login_overview.php?CountryShow=United%20Kingdom

1 Like

Before you upgrade any software it is always sound advice to check the system requirements. Now it seems you have not done so.

Hi Everyone

@kokofresha > The watermark was indeed originally a candidate for PL3, among lots of other features, but we had to decide to postpone it, as it always happen (for the better or not), and focused our energy on the feature you see toady in the final release.
Do know that it’s still a major topic that we intend to have in PL.

Thing is, as for the long list of future features, we’re always trying to bring the best solution.
You’ll have to be patient a little bit more I’m afraid =/

1 Like

Right click and make this master seems the logical way.

1 Like

Alec
I recently discovered the film Provia (and others Fuji) rendering.
Instead “Body rendering”, use “Color positive films” rendering Provia from Fuji for faithful colors.

Pascal

1 Like

The structure of the .dop files hasn’t changed (for versioning). The “versions” are date/time dependent, the earliest one being the “v1” under PL2 or “master” under PL3. The sections of the .dop file for each version are not necessarily in date order, they are obviously read and put in order dynamically.

Each version contains the complete list of settings for your chosen default preset, plus a list of overrides, which is added to with each change you make. The overrides are in addition to the default preset, not to the previous version; therefore, each version’s section is self-contained.

I can confirm that, if you remove the master (earliest) version from the .dop file (and delete the database, which caches it) PL3 quite happily assumes that the earliest dated version is the master and works fine.

I would suggest that this reliance on date/time order is why it is not as simple as just designating another version as master, although adding a non-breaking “versionNumber” flag to each section might be a very simple solution, allowing users to then select which version to make the current master.

The only minor problem with explicit numbering is when you want to delete a “middle” version, all the other versions would have to be renumbered.

2 Likes

That’s not how it’s presented in the video:

keywords

Perhaps I’m blind, but I see no way to add a keyword with Windows in any right click menu, clicking the metadata window, etc…

It’s a MAC presentation while it’s said that for Windows it will be available soon (PL3.1).

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

I’m glad that you improved core performance (local adjustments, color wheel for instance). But basic options for exporting (incremential renaming, watermark, max resizing for length and width) are becoming more and more urgent…

3 Likes

Agreed, Android raw support is what I am holding out for

1 Like

I just tried PL3 on my old Laptop (MacBook Pro 2012) and was very pleasantly surprised that it feels much “snappier” than I was used to.

I skipped PL2, but now I will upgrade from PL1 to PL3, mainly because of the long awaited improvements in local adjustments. Well done, DxO!

3 Likes

I decided to become an early supporter again. :slightly_smiling_face: Although a year ago it turned out that a moment later “early supporters” could feel a little cheated in the Black Friday (as someone has written here before). Nevertheless, I think that new features introduced in the PhotoLab 3 are really good, especially HSL Tool is OK. I’m still missing an improvement in Selective Tone performance, but hopefully this is still ahead of us.

4 Likes

when you can afford the Elite version of Photolab, you can afford paying more for the very same upgrade (which is not PRIME related)… that’s a poor move from DXO imho… :frowning:

4 Likes

I’m not sure what your point is. The upgrade to the Essential version 3 is $49.99 USD, the upgrade to Elite version 3 is $69.99 USD The Elite version is well worth the fairly insignificant extra cost of $20

Mark

1 Like

I bought the Elite upgrade last night. Saved $20, or about 22%. Last year’s Black Friday sale was awesome - but I don’t remember such a big discount being offered before and decided it won’t necessarily recur this year. I want PL3 enough to buy it now. If it turns out I could have saved more by waiting, I won’t complain. :grin:

2 Likes

Unlike the PL2 lackluster upgrade, this one has very significant new and upgraded features. While we always want for more, I am very pleased with PhotoLab 3.

Mark

1 Like