Photolab 3 crashes at start. Customer support is ignoring submitted tickets

Nope. I even offered them to do interactive session over Skype/Teamviewer so that they can debug it while having access to my computer but I was dumped into ignore bin.

Hello @kostya416 and @Sylvain,

Iā€™m sorry to hear that your problems canā€™t be solved. Usually if the Support canā€™t find a solution to make app working on your PC they provide you with the refund. So all these questions canā€™t be resolved via Forum, itā€™s only for the Support team.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Well, I was not trying to solve it through the forum. Communication with your staff produced no results.

I think the trouble is more from the environment than from Photolab.

I have found that :

• another app (Freemake Video Converter) crashes the same way with same dotnet error on log file !
  • The crashes for both apps are related to the user session. they can be launched without issue on another user session on the same computer !

@kostya416 and I are professional software developers, I wonder if we have some compatibility issue between Photolab and our development environment (Visual Studio, dotnet framework, hyper-vā€¦).

Hello @Sylvain,

• Yes, could be. Did you suggest a TeamViewer session to the support team? If not, Iā€™d recommend you to do that.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

That is exactly what I did a while ago (offered TeamViewer session). If memory does not elude me Evgeniy wrote that heā€™ll get back to me on that but never actually did. I think I wrote one more reply to it, again to no avail.

Hello @kostya416,

Could you, please, give me the id of your support ticket?

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

I think it was #204551. At least it is in a subject of email from your company in response to my original complaint

Their customer support IS THE WORST, and Iā€™ve been telling every photog I know to find something other than NIK.
When I submitted my ticket January 3, 2021 there were several followup emails asking for more info which I immediately suppled. Then they said the developers were working on it and I would hear back.
Since then, Iā€™ve heard nothing. I have emailed them twice asking for updates-- didnā€™t even get a reply.
Theyā€™ve ignored my ticket for 5 months.

This is how a lot of software support works. There doesnā€™t tend to be engagement with customers all the way through the process of solving a problem - only in the first phases, until all needed information is gathered. It is what it is - and itā€™s often a slow process. Itā€™s important that companies like DxO be clear about this, though - so that customers know what to expect when they ask for support.

This is a PhotoLab 3 thread, not a Nik Collection 3 thread, but I believe you are referring to the Nik Collection 3. As I replied to you in another thread, can you give us a brief description of your problem, including the whether you are on Windows or Mac, your operating system, the software you are attempting to use with the Nik Collection and what you were told by DXO? We have some very knowledgeable people on this forum. Perhaps we can give you some assistance.

Mark

2 Likes

I apologize for posting this on the wrong part of the Forum Mark. Thanks for letting me know.