PhotoLab 3 and Fuji X100 cameras

Thanks to viewing the new and past Webinars, and trying on my own to do what is shown (especially in the ones made by Joseph), I’ve finally got to the point where I feel self-sufficient. I still get stuck every so often, and there are times when I dislike what I’ve created and start all over again. Even so I appreciate that I can easily get better results from PhotoLab than Lightroom.

I have two concerns. Sometime back, I switched from ‘jpg’ to ‘raw’, and that’s how I shoot the majority of my photos. This works fine with my Leica, Nikon, and Canon cameras, but I very much enjoy shooting with my Fuji X00f. Unfortunately, those files seem to be incompatible with PhotoLab 3.

The only two options I’m aware of are to shoot in ‘jpg’ on the Fuji or to convert the images from the Fuji into something PhotoLab understands.

So, this brings me to two questions.

First, am I missing something, and is there a way to do this that I haven’t found, and

Second, is this something that might become available in the near future?

I guess a third option would be to ask if there is a way to send the Fuji raw file from PhotoLab 3, to Adobe’s DNG Converter, which would convert the image and send it back to PhotoLab as a DNG file.

Hello, there was an older thread with last entry from January where the Fuji theme was discussed Fuji X Trans
Please take a look

Thank you, I’ll check out the other thread, and see if helps me get this sorted out.

In the meantime, since DxO isn’t yet ready to provide the software for the Fuji cameras and sensor, I went looking for other choices. The best seemed to be the (free) version of Capture One Express, specifically made for the Fuji sensor. It took a while, but I got it installed last night. More information can be found here:

https://learn.captureone.com/tutorials/capture-one-express-in-7-minutes/?utm_term=e01&utm_source=nurturing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=c1_2002_express-nurturing_express&utm_content=all

I will start practicing with this today, and from now on, I’ll edit my Fuji raw images in Capture One Express, then save them in the best format available to me, which can be opened by PhotoLab 3.

(I guess another option is to install the full version of Capture One, but I think PhotoLab 3 will be a better way to do the additional editing.)

1 Like