Photo library - Filtering for edited images possible?

Is it possible to filter for photos that have already been edited in Photolab in the Photo Library?
I have very limited time to edit my photos and I have edited some, which were not rated before and not marked any other way (like the green light).

I know I could use explorer (win) or something similar to see if the file has a .dop sidecar, but that would be a not very user friendly way.
Or I should export the file if it is not ready and then I could see if it was edited.
But these are only workarounds.

Yes, you must use the following menu

I found this image on this post

Thank you Frank!

Unfortunately it only works, if the photos were already marked with green/red.
I haven’t marked the last edited ones (yet).

Hi Zoltán. Are you wishing to cause only the processed images to show or cause them not to show?

I would like to see only the images I have edited in Photolab, even if those edits are not exported (yet).
There are no other markings on the files (no stars, no keywords, no green/red lights).

This image was as an example of the menu to use.
To view only the images edited by Photolab, just check “show processed image”

The red framed options only work, if the photos were already exported.

I assumed it is not possible, but wanted to know if maybe somebody knows the answer.

It is surely not used often, but I guess it would be a useful.

Ok in PL “processed” means exported and not that the image has been any processing has been done, that’s right …

Try unticking all check marks except “Show processed images”.

I don’t see a way to do it. The main problem, I believe, is that some initial processing is applied to every RAW image in the folder via a preset. Even if RAW files are opened by PhotoLab using the preset “No correction”, PhotoLab applies a demosaic, white balancing as shot, and a generic color profile. Still, even where there is no processing (JPEG and TIFF with “No correction”), filtering that doesn’t seem to be an option. For now, you will have to tag or rate them.

Filter is not working (unfortunately), until you have exported the photos.

1 Like

That is true for what you see in the browser (for the generated previews), but a .dop sidecar is only created, when you first change a slider or a setting. This is the step I would call, “the photo is edited”.
I assume, that when not using sidecars, the content of the database would be something similar.

For now, I filtered for .dop files in Explorer/Total Commander and marked the photos as usual.

It is still a pity having to use such external methods for a task like this.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I completely understand your demand. I would like to see if an image has been edited already too. I noticed that the reset tab in the upper right corner is lightened when there’s an dop file.
I use that when I want to try out something so I can reset the image. There is no way to quit an edit without saving the edits.

George

6 Likes

Thank you. It is another great workaround.

That’s a brilliant observation, George … Very handy !!

John M

1 Like
  1. On your Android device, open the Google Photos app .
  2. Open the photo you want to edit.
  3. Tap Edit . To add or adjust a filter, tap Photo filters . Tap to apply a filter, tap again to adjust. To manually change lighting, color, or add effects, tap Edit . …
  4. At the top right, tap Save.

i like this one, too!