Pet Eye Correction

It would be great if this product had “pet eye correction” similar to red eye correction, only for dogs and cats.

E.g. if you take a picture of a dog/cat that is looking at you and use a flash or the animal is “front lit” you are likely to see a bright reflection in their eye that is green. It appears that an Adobe product (the hated competitor) has something that already does this.

IIRC, pet eyes tend to be more “round” and the reflection is more green and not red, which is probably why the red eye tool in Photolab doesn’t fix them like it does for people.

Hi Erik,
did you find / try Local Adjustments -> reduce saturation?
have fun, Wolfgang

Adobe can’t be all that hated if it has features we want to see in PhotoLab also. :innocent: Sure, why not? I’ll add my vote. Even though local adjustments can accomplish this right now, it’s nice to have a dedicated tool that solves a particular problem.

Please never use a flash when photographing cats and dogs.

Their eyes are not like humans. The flash is very hard on their eyes.

Google for more details.

I found this image of a poor half blind pooch on the internet and used an auto-mask local adjustment reasonably successfully.

Before…

Capture d’écran 2021-02-07 à 08.45.35

During…

Capture d’écran 2021-02-07 à 09.02.37

After…

Capture d’écran 2021-02-07 à 09.02.15

Thank you! That helps, and gives me something to try.

No thanks to your unsolicited off-topic advice. Please stay on-topic.

Also, you don’t know the details and if it bothered them, I would expect a different reaction. It’s not like I don’t know them.