Password change for the account

Good morning,

maybe I’m a little bit tired but at the moment I’ve found no possibility to change my password. I looked in settings, but there is only the possibility for sending a mail to reset. But I haven’t forgot the password I only want to change.

Thanks a lot

Guenter

Hello @Guenterm,

It seems “sending a mail to reset” is the only way to change the password (at least I do not see any other).

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Dear @sgospodarenko,

thanks for the fast answer. Maybe your admin has to implement the possibility to change direct :floppy_disk: :rofl:

see you

@Jules it’s for you :point_up_2:

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Yes it is true. I was surprised too but it is working as expected so it is okay and this way only the email owner can make a change :grinning:

1 Like

I am on a Windows 10 machine with all the latest updates. I have just added a BitWarden password manager to my general computer workflow, and I would like to change my password on the forum. I can not find a way to access my old password (which I know and have not forgotten) and thereby, once accessed, allowing me to sign in and change to a new password. Obviously, I am in my account as I have posted this question. Any suggestions?

You should find it under security in your account.

Hi,
The only way to change your password is asking for a « reset my password » email to be sent.
You find this under PREFERENCES > SECURITY.