Palettes won't collapse on mouse click

After reading the post by @platypus I made the following test and that’s very funny and maybe you can reproduce ist.
Like I said before I can click at the text or the space rightsize the text to collapse/expand a tool.
Now I moved this tool upward or down. After moving a click on the text does NOTHING, but after one time click on the space right side it worked again with text/space.
Withe the next move the same …doesn’t work…one click on space…works

I don’t say another word without my lawyer. :rofl:

Thanks for digging into this quirky matter.

There is definitely something to be improved and I’m happy that I don’t have to find the bug and eradicate it. Nevertheless, a few things could help, like e.g.

• Make tools less sensitive to mouse movement or allow movement with a modifier key only
  • Make tool title area equally and consistently sensitive for clicks or
  • Re-introduce the little triangles to expand or collapse tool panels

Excellent video Marc. That’s exactly the behaviour I am seeing.

Are you using a Magic Mouse?

This is exactly the conclusion I have come to. I believe it is linked to the use of a Magic Mouse, where the slightest of touches with another finger, whilst clicking, can trigger the start of a drag.

This is extremely difficult to avoid, due to hand and finger position when clicking. I resorted to use the mouse two-handed, in order to “stabilise” it before clicking and, as long as the fingers I was using to stabilise it didn’t move in relation to the touch surface of the mouse, every click succeeded. Unfortunately, productivity went right out of the window :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would totally agree that the tool title bars are far too sensitive to drag start, possibly because the pixel distance before detection is too small - it feels like only 1 pixel. This also causes unwanted reordering of tools, which is another, related, annoyance.

Yeessss!!! This all seems linked to drag detection and the “state machine” that DxO has written that keeps track of whether the mouse is dragging or not is becoming confused. Please DxO, don’t be ashamed to put your hands up to this one - I have had the same problems in software that I have written and know how hard it can be to maintain sanity :wink:

Yes to all of these but, most of all, yes to the return of the triangle, which would solve the problem in a stroke

Hi Joanna,

no at the moment I work only with the touchpad on my MBA, and sometimes I use a wireless Logitech mouse.

greetings

Ah! Now that could be similar to using the Magic Mouse. Is the Logitech a touch surface and do you get the same problem with it?

No a normal button/wheel one and I can’t test at the moment

OT – when I used wireless Logitech keyboard & mouse quite a long time ago, it always gave me trouble (battery not at full capacity, noticeable delay and such). Since then I got ‘cured’ with wired quality keyboard from cherry.de & Logitech optical mouse. :slight_smile:

I never have had problems with Logi, cherry,MS wireless equipment over the last ?? years.
And my wife use the same model during home office…no problems.

I do NOT.
But I tested on purpose to reproduce the behavior.
Using a more sensitive mouse like a magic mouse could trigger the problem faster.

Yes I did notice this while testing !

Off topic:
This  mouse has an horrible ergonomic :grimacing:
I always had Logitech, but I am very disappointed with the MX Vertical quality.
PS: if you have troubles using Bluetooth, just use the Logitech dongle, it works better because it has only one purpose.

1 Like

I agree with Marc with the ergonomics and the dongle.
we had never problems with two persons in the same room working on two different systems simultaneously with wireless mouses and keyboard. And sometimes I use my bluetooth headset the same time.

2 Likes

Yes for the Magic Mouse, and I have the same issue with Wacom tablet…

1 Like