Option to delete a folder

This is an incredibly basic question, but sometimes I delete all the photos in a folder using PhotoLab, and then right click on the folder in the hope of finding a way to delete the now empty folder, but there is none. The only way I can find is to go to the windows explorer and find the folder that way. Is there a way in Photolab? If not, can it be an enhancement request?

Hello,

Thatā€™s true - you canā€™t remove folders inside PhotoLab. Yes, it can be a request - Iā€™ve modified your post and you can vote for it along with the other users.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

Rob - Thereā€™s a quick & easy way to navigate to the empty folder from within PL:

Switch to PhotoLibrary mode; Right-Click on the empty folderā€™s name - and choose the ā€œOpen in Windows Explorerā€ option ā€¦ Job done !

Regards, John M

3 Likes

This request gets my vote. Besides not being able to delete the folder within PhotoLab, I find itā€™s also hard to delete the folder outside PhotoLab after leaving it for another folder within PhotoLab. For example, in my ā€œWorkā€ folder, I have a subfolder ā€œ2020 Floridaā€ with images in it. After working on these images in PhotoLab, I move the exported images to another place while PhotoLab stays open. No problem - the images can be moved and PhotoLab updates the filmstrip as this happens. Now I return to the PhotoLibrary view and select a different subfolder within Work called ā€œ2017 Floridaā€. Then I minimize PhotoLab and go to my photo file manager, Unreal Commander v3.57. I select the tab which is open to ā€œ2020 Floridaā€ and go back a level into ā€œWorkā€. I move the ā€œ2020 Floridaā€ folder to another drive for archiving. The folder copies, but whatā€™s left behind is an empty Work\2020 Florida\ folder. I discover Windows canā€™t delete the empty folder because another program is using it. I have to close PhotoLab completely! Now I can delete the folder.

Greg
This a known issue with Windows.
Itā€™s not because of DxO :sweat_smile:
Pascal

Sorry other programs manage to delete folders with no problem, Photo Supreme for one. Its one that can be overcome and is by many others. Its just a lack of doing it thats the problem.

A needless workaround complication for a simple delete option that should already be included within PhotoLibrary.

How ironic they give you the ā€˜Open in Windows Explorerā€™ option but no simple delete or move is available for users.

The mind bogglesā€¦

Hello guys,

This request has been accepted.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Before deleting a non-empty folder, there needs to be a confirmation dialog.

2 Likes