Option for full screen Prime and DeepPrime previews

Sorry, it is not the same thing as editing in real time. It is only a workaround.

Mark

Untrue. Of course you could If you had hardware that was fast enough. If you can see the results in the small preview screen, then you could also be able to see them in the entire image. In any case there are people here who have extremely fast GPUs and a viewing option with DeepPRIME or DeepPRIME XD applied before exporting would be very useful and desirable for them.

Mark

You a completely missing the most important part of this discussion, not having to create a separate, unnecessary, and likely interim output file. If a full screen viewing feature could be made rather than the tiny window, which with a fast GPU might only take a few seconds to render, It would be very useful in preference to an unnecessary export.

Mark

1 Like

Every user has different needs. Why not support features that people want? Obviously there is some desire for this feature, as can be seen from the replies in this thread. I’m sure there are features you don’t use, should they just be removed for everyone?

Also, not everyone’s needs are the same as yours. For example, I don’t have a 61 MP camera, but I have 24 MP sensor and a high-end GPU. Because of the Export to disk feature, I know that the rendering time is not prohibitive for me.

The algorithms in question make such a big effect on the image (good or bad…) that if you decide that you want to actually use it, you are basically stuck exporting it for every single change you make–at a minimum, the workflow could be improved.

The way I and others do it is to export the original unedited RAW as a DNG with DeepPrime or XD and lens corrections applied (only), then load up the DNG to edit - bit of a pain but it works well

1 Like

I’ve not tried it, I ship my RAW off to freezing cold storage after I’ve exported to DNG never to be opened again. Perhaps try to copy/ paste edits from the edited DNG to the RAW ( for new DOP) and then export the RAW with DeepPrime and lens corrections (after pasting the edits).

I know it shouldn’t matter how and when in the pipeline the edits are applied but I don’t expect it to work, seems like that’s too easy

Yes, another vote for larger screen!!!

I’m wondering if this has been addressed in the new release.

1 Like

yes PL7.. .