Optics Module corrections not applying to some RAW files. Sony A7R IV

I have been testing PhotoLab 5 and I have noticed that the Optics modules for a couple of my Sony lenses (24mm f/1.4 GM and 35mm f/1.4 GM) are not applying to all images.

I have noticed this only with RAW images from my A7R IV. I don’t seem to have this issue with images from my Sony A1.

Several RAW files work without issue, but some others do not. I cannot identify a pattern. All in the same directory being edited at the same time. Toggling Vignetting On/Off has no effect on the image. Same as Distortion correction.

The lens modules are correctly identified, downloaded, and PhotoLab says the corrections are applied.

Anyone else have this issue?

PhotoLab 5.0.0 Build 4639

Good morning @dwalme ,

Could you, please, provide us with some samples for the investigation?

Please, upload them here - upload.dxo.com with your forum name and let me know when ready.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

I uploaded two images taken within seconds of each other. One applies the optical corrections and the other has no effect.

Thank you!

Got your files and sent them for the investigation.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Just to follow up with this thread. DxO support got back to me and confirmed there is a problem with the lens correction module.

They created a support ticket for this issue and a new lens module will be created to fix this issue sometime in the future.

1 Like