Optical corrections for Canon RF 24-240

With Canon EOS R + RF 24-240 set at 24 mm, distortion correction is worse than no correction. I have asked the support on 12/09/2019 (#202671) and never had a reply since “Demande reçue…”.
Moreover I can not access my support account.

Hello @rsp and welcome to the Forum,

Could you, please, provide us with some images for the test? Please, upload them to upload.dxo.com under your name and let me know when ready.

Thank you,

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Bonjour @rsp,

Désolée de ne pas avoir répondu à votre ticket client.

J’ai informé l’équipe support de votre problème d’accès à votre compte.

Pour qu’on puisse analyser votre problème est-ce que vous pouvez ajouter le fichier RAW sur upload.dxo.com comme vous l’a indiqué Svetlana ?

Cordialement,
Marie

I’m sorry we didn’t answer to your support ticket.
I’ve notified support team you can’t access you account.
I got your files but I’d need the RAW file to investigate.

regards,
Marie

Thank for answering quickly. I’ve been contacted by Fabrice and have sent him the files 10 minutes ago.
I couldn’t answer your mails because you wrote them from a “noreply” address.
I thought I had sent the files back in December, but perhaps the upload failed?
Anyway, you now have the whole set of files for solving the issue.
Regards,
Renaud

The issue is still not corrected.

The issue is still in DPL 3.3.

That’s a shame, as I am considering buying that lens. I wonder if Svetlana has any updates?

Hello,

It’s a question to @Marie.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

I bought my software from DXO, not “@Marie”, so the question is for you too.

Hello,

I do not have the schedule of releasing the lenses while Marie has and this is the reason why I asked her.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Hello,

There are some issues of distorsion correction with low focusing distance (lower than 0.6m) on RAW images and we will improve the correction as soon as we can.

Regards,
Marie

2 Likes

Please don’t be rude to Svetlana. She bends over backwards to help everyone on this forum. She is not in charge of everything DXO and was nice enough to direct you to the person who could help you. Please be nice.

5 Likes

My understanding of her response was “you should ask to Marie” which is not acceptable from my point of view. OK, I misunderstood, but I’m waiting since the beginning of December, so roughly 6 months from now with no news since March…
I’ll wait a while and hope it comes with the next revision.
Regards

Hello,

• Let me just clarify, I didn’t write “you should ask Marie”. When we write ‘@’ before the forum name - it’s a direct notification to this person that a post needs his or her attention. So I attracted her attention to your post and you got the reply from her after that.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

I wrote it was a misunderstanding from myself. that’s all.
Have a nice day!
R

`

Please don’t be rude to Svetlana. She bends over backwards to help everyone on this forum. She is not in charge of everything DXO and was nice enough to direct you to the person who could help you. Please be nice.

`
I concur

4 Likes

Finally I received today a mail telling me that the updated optical module should be ready tomorrow (Aug 26th):
Bonjour,
Ce problème sera résolu le 26 Août avec la mise à jour du module optique.
Bien à vous
Cécile - DxO Labs Support Team 1

Yes,

sorry I forgot to pdate this topic.
We released a fix of the optics modules for the Canon RF 24-240mm on last Wednesday.

Regards,
Marie

Hi - good to know that is now available. However will it be available for PL3, or only for PL4? Thanks

Hello @nputtick ,

modules correction is also available in PL 3.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like