Only one works

I can process one image successfully with Pureraw 2. If I try to do another it results in a black image - but if I restart my computer it will work - again for one image - surely this must be a bug - any suggestions welcome

Hello, had the same problem with PR 1 when Lightroom was running too. When exiting LR and running PR1 the problem was gone. Try to use PR2 when LR (or the photo-software you use) is not running. When this solves the problem, it’s something with your graphic card driver. Maybe update it …
I do not have this problem in PR2 anymore but I updated my graphics driver in between.

PureRAW 2

I guess I’m just lucky. I have 9 quick shots I made this morning with a Fuji X30. I run them as a batch and I randomly get only 4 or 5 completed images – the rest black out.

I took the suggestion and updated the drivers on my Radeon RX 580 (8GB RAM) and the random fails continue. After I updated the drivers I rebooted and the only two programs running were Bridge and PureRaw.

UPDATE 1:

So I went into “File” on PureRaw and changed the preference from “Auto selection” to “Radeon RX 580 Series”. I ran the same 9 files through(with Bridge off) two different time and this time it processed a whopping 6 randomly selected images…Until. Until the third time when I got 1 processed, 4 blacked out, and 4 with an error symbol (no file created).

So, to wrap this up I went back to preferences and selected “Use CPU only”. I have 64GB of RAM and running an i7 9700KF – which doesn’t have integrated graphics. Oddly enough, it processed all nine images. Not particularly fast, but it did them all.

UPDATE 2:

I next took those nine files to my ASUS Zephyrus G14 laptop. It has an AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS with 40GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti and 6 GB RAM. I used “Auto selection” and PureRAW ran through all 9 files at a good speed and no errors.

So it appears likely that the problems with my desktop computer lie with the CPU and/or GPU. Not sure how to proceed with fixing this, and with the prices for GPUs these days (The Radeon RX 580 sells for almost 2 1/2 times what I paid for it)…

THanks for the reply but not sure about that as my workflow is to access PR2 from Lightroom which is my main processing hiub. Also I updated the graphics driver and that made no difference. I stll think it must be something PR2 is doing so still looking for suggestions