OM system's new body OM-1 support

Zero chance the price drops. They can’t even get all of the pre orders shipped by now.

Let’s review this. Some of you are bitterly complaining about DxO’'s lack of support for a camera that is not yet available to many of those who preordered it, not to mention those who ordered it more recently. Is that not correct? DxO will support this new camera soon. I had to wait three months for support of a Nikon Z. Not a big deal. I used Nikon’s proprietary NX Studio software in the interim. For those who already have an OM-1 you guys can use OM1 Workspace until the camera is supported by PhotoLab. Nothing is stopping you from shooting with this new camera In the mean time.

Folks, the world is falling apart. Direct your anger and frustration elsewhere. Everyone seems to want immediate gratification these days and the internet age has apparently eliminated our ability to be patient. Maybe you guys need to chill out and reevaluate your priorities.

Mark.

6 Likes

I see no point in your arguments as the competition does already support the camera. And it doesn’t have anything to do with how many ordered it or how many got it delivered already. If you like to wait 3 months, fine. I don’t like it and Capture One is a nice example that such things can be changed if enough customers complain: Their intervals of camera support are much shorter now.

2 Likes

Hello Michael, the argument in regards to C1 implies that they take the same effort like DXO to develop camera/lens modules and get the same result - which I doubt. Of course this does not mean that DXO shouldn’t be faster, but I think it is unfair to compare the modules of C1 with DXO.

2 Likes

Yes, DxO often takes a longer time to support hardware than some of their competition, and yes it can occasionally be very frustrating, especially if you are one of those waiting for some particular support. It is certainly something DxO needs to address.

In the end what software you use is your choice. If your prefer Capture One’s approach to camera support and like the results you get from their raw demosaicing better than PhotoLab’s then you can vote with your wallet. No one is stopping you and no one would think less of you if you decided that PhotoLab no longer meets your requirements for whatever reason. If however, you want to stick with PhotoLab because you feel they provide a superior product then you need to accept the baggage which comes along with it.

What I can’t abide, though, are the ridiculous comments by some posters suggesting that DxO’s development team is incompetent, or that they purposely hold off implementing new cameras and lenses to force users to spend more money, or they do not understand user expectations, or just don’t care. These specious arguments are made by frustrated users who have no clue as to the actual reasons it takes DxO longer then some other organizations to support new hardware.

Mark.

3 Likes

This has been an entertaining after midnight read,got my OM on March 1st. Been editing the over 8000images I have shot in LR. Realise they don’t fully support the body as of yet,the Raw edits look good,noisey ones go through as a Tiff from LR to Topaz. Will wait patiently for DxO to release support hopefully as an Update and not an Upgrade ie: PR2-PR3.

While I can’t be certain, I suspect this new camera will be supported with a month or two.

Mark

1 Like

Fingers crossed Mark. :wink:

1 Like

I agree the deep prime is much better than C1 noise reduction. I have been using C1 and hoping DXO will soon update PL5 for OM1.

1 Like

I agree with @mwsilvers. A lot of space in this forum is wasted by complaints.
Since many years I use Picture Window Pro for my image editing. After I started using DxO PL, I use PWP only for editing TIF’s after RAW conversion, because DxO’s noise reduction and optical corrections are the best there is. There is a small, but active and very helpful community of PWP users in a forum. I expected to find the same here.
Unfortunately, this DxO forum accomodates many members that misuse the forum for complaints. Too bad.

4 Likes

And how does your post help anyone besides complaining about other users which is IMO far worse than complaining about DxO’s sluggish update-policy?

3 Likes

Yodobashi Camera’s ranking: OM-1 is the best selling camera, GH6 is on 4th place – 43 Rumors gh6-is-on-4th-place/ Yodobashi is a big japanese store selling cameras and the trend in their selling figures reflects quite well the world wide trends. There might just be quite a few OM-1 owners waiting …

1 Like

I can understand that somones consider complains as borring…

But in my case, happy user of the OM-1 since 2 months, I need to fall back to OM Workspace software. A little frustating, you will agree…

5 Likes

mwsilvers, if you know anythiing about OM WS, it is very basic, very slow! Has just a few features. It is a big deal! Need to pay for another SW in the meantime. Why is it so hard to get this support for OM-1 in the updates? PS, LR C1 all have it. It’s no big deal to have it added. So, I turn it DXo and say it’s not a Big Deal, just get it done and be done with it. No big deal, Right?

Capture one 22 has support and I did the trial version. Also, can do a monthly subscription to hold you over. I am considering that. It does have some cool features the Photolab does not have. The denoise is not as good as in Photolab. But it’s great to be able to edit raw files then use Topaz when needed.

I really hope this is true. Looking forward to it! Thanks!

I’m sure it will be an upgrade and not an update. They need us to pay their SW engineers LOL.

Any updates, Marie? We have been waiting a long time. If it goes to much longer and new camera will be released and you will have two cameras you are behind on. LOL…

Yes, it’s already been over two months, right!

@weneedOM-1support
You can keep track of any upcoming body/camera calibration on our website, it’s here:

Steven.