OM system's new body OM-1 support

Hello Marie,

Any update re OM-1 support? Currently, I’m back on Lightroom for the foreseeable future.

Ian

Dear @IanM

maybe you missed Maries post 7 days ago “we will support the OM-1 in spring but I can’t provide the date yet.” :smile:

Spring has just started :innocent:

Enjoy you new OM-1 and maybe you can share a landscape orf for me

best regards

Guenter (still owning the old but good EM5MII, but looking forward)

Dear @Guenterm ,

Thanks, I didn’t miss it.
Spring ends in June but my LR renews in April, hence my chasing for update.
I guess it matters not, even if a date was advised it could still slip - I’ll just have to choose in April.

I have no landscape image to share at the moment, but will share when I do.

Best regards,
Ian

1 Like

Hi Guenterm,
Here is a landscape ORF (handheld hi-res).

Steve
P3120959.ORF (37.9 MB)

Adding the ORI (renamed to …b.ORF) and JPG files, in case you are interested.

P3120959b.ORF (17.0 MB)

(3rd attempt to post) Guenterm, I have been lucky enough to be shooting with the OM1 since 5 March here in Australia. However, the OMS AI noise reduction module exceeds the capabilities of my computer (4GB VRAM on NVIDIA) and I therefore have a backlog of files for DXO. However, I have taken some remarkable very high ISO shots and have posted some on Facebook sites. I’m certain these will be better through DXO and deliberately shot at high ISO to test the new camera. First, the JPEG at ISO 51,200 (zero processing)

I will also copy you the RAW (still waiting for DXO to add NR).
4 Fairy Wren 51200.ORF (24.3 MB)

Dear @Greensteves/Steve , dear @BobOwe/Bob

thanks for this first impressions I will take a look tomorrow.
My dealer will have the body end of march for a first hands on :grinning:

I wish you both a lot of fun with your new OM1

best regards and stay healthy

Guenter

If you get OM Workspace you can plug your camera into the computer and use the camera CPU to run AI denoise. You can then finish processing in DXO.

Not according to Olympus! The noise AI is the one thing that can NOT be used through this connection.

Thanks, Marie! Really looking forward to this!

I’m sorry, but the Ai Denoise module isn’t supported by the camera CPU, only the basic processing parameters are.

That’s a shame.

Hi all - I’m waiting for DXO to support OM-1files before I purchase (I have it on trial at the moment and is not supporting at the moment). How do they normally announce? or is it simply a software update? - many thanks Andrew

It will be a minor update. Keep checking the DxO website! As the OM-1 is proving to be very popular I would imagine support for the RAW files will be sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response, much appreciated :slight_smile:

I voted for OM-1 support as well since I received mine some days ago. Can’t wait :slight_smile:

Hello,

the OM-1 is currently under calibration in our Lab but cameras support are, for now, released in pack at some moments of the year and not on the fly. So you’ll have to wait a bit to get the OM-1 supported in PhotoLab or PureRAW. Release should be done before the summer.

regards,
Marie

3 Likes

Thanks for the info Marie. I hope it will be as soon as possible. I am waiting impatiently.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarifcation.

Hi Marie

Thank you for the update…though I am somewhat disappointed to read that it will not be released, potentially, for some months. Afterall we are only just into Spring and start of Summer is 3 months away.

AFAIK the next batches of the OM-1 are due to hit the retail channel very soon so the global number of users will be increasing apace, or as quickly as OM Systems can get them into the hands of the customers :wink:

So, what with other software editing companies already supporting the OM-1 I do hope that DxO is not too late to the party. Note I am invested in DXO Photolab so cannot afford to switch to anything new!

In the meantime I will have to use OM Systems Workspace to convert to .TIFF and that will restrict the use of ‘your best in class’ Prime & Deep Prime NR :frowning:

So here is to hoping that DxO might see fit to release the calibration sets as soon as finished rather than waiting on your completing your calibrations for other impending makes & models ???

7 Likes