OM system's new body OM-1 support

WTF? This is a joke…

2 Likes

Hi John

Thanks for your reply & insight

I am using v5.3.0 and did not note any mention (unless I missed it :wink: ) of this in the 5.3.1 fixes I will update now and see what happens :slight_smile:

Edit ~ I have now updated to v5.3.1 ands the Metadata/IPTC data is still not showing the entries I made ‘in camera’…compared to my older models mentioned.

None too sure what to make of that???

PS On a side note about such Copyright info…back when I was using LightRoom I had in the Import settings the info including a Copyright Statement and I note that PL sees that and displays that.

Now, I know there is some debate about the Photo Library DAM function with the keywords but is there a setting in PL (cannot recall seeing one) where PL upon ‘seeing’ the files and applying its initial (import?) preset add such Copyright metadata…that is then viewable by all other DAM programs?

Edit ~ Hmmmm! I have looked at some M1X and OM-1 raws in FastRawViewer and that shows the same behaviour and RFV global settings are to display Copyright & Author fields. So doubly odd in that you say PL5 shows these fields for you?

Can I ask, have you updated your OM-1 firmware to v1.1 and did you have reset the date & time or not? As you may be aware that there are two camps, those who did not need to reset the date & time and those that did. I was one of those who had to reset it!

Edit2 ~ John

I have done some empirical testing and have found that the trigger event that allows or disallows for the embedding of the Copyright & Artist in the Metadata is due to the camera settings!

In S-AF (with single shot, Silent multi shot & SH2) the data is there
However, in C-AF (ditto on the above shooting) the data is omitted

I am going to report this to OMDS Support as well as another contact that I have there.

Please do test the same criteria I mention and see if you get the same outcome…if so do let me know and by all means also report it as appropriate :slight_smile:

I’m not finding that, Laurence … I’m seeing Copyright Name and Artist Name (as entered via Copyright Settings) in the MetaData panel (in PhotoLibrary mode) for my OM-1 … regardless of Focus Mode.

I’ve not yet seen a case where the info is not showing.

John M

BoxBrownie
Is the different results under different custom setteings?
I thought I saw the same as you, but one of my customs settings
had Copyright Info off
Morten

Hi

On another forum someone mentioned the same about Custom Sets and indeed like you in the Custom sets Copyright was ‘off’.

However, the empirical testing I did was in Shutter Priority mode and thagt has Copyright ‘on’.

Therefore, yes what I initially have observed was due to the Custom settings but coincidently my testing bypassed that and proved(?) there is an issue…at this stage more down to the camera than DxO PL5

The free OM Workspace is free and does a god job with the RAW files, but of course you will only be able to use the jpg or tiff files in DPL.

Yes but it is slow, clunky and not so good as PureRaw , so we sit and wait.

1 Like

I’ve just been evaluating exports (to JPG) comparing OM Workspace & PhotoLab … both with basic settings - - and I don’t agree that OM-WS “does a good job” … at least, certainly not when compared to output from PL.

John M

3 Likes

It’s not on the same level as PL on high ISO images, but about the same as what you get in camera. ANd of course, no local adjustment…

I processed about 300 images from my OM-1 thru both OM-WS and PLv531 - in both cases, with just the default correction settings - and the difference was very obvious, and clearly to the advantage of PL.

John M

2 Likes

A month ago it was “a few weeks” for PR. Where does it stand now? I’m on the trial and I like what I’ve seen from my Z7 files but I need it to work for my OM-1 files to pull the trigger on a purchase.

Hello,

only a few days to wait before OM-1 support in PureRAW.

Regards,
Marie

3 Likes

Great! Thank you for the update!

@Marie thanks for your patience with all of us the last few months! PhotoLab works incredibly well with OM-1 & the update was worth the wait.

Hello Marie, will it be this week? :slight_smile:

Which lens(es) are you using, Davey ?

John M

well its getting closer to end of July any news on the update

Hi,
4 days ago Marie told us in a few days…for me a few days are all between 2 and 7 days :innocent:
And I always thought we Germans were impatient :heart_eyes: :face_with_peeking_eye:

You are not alone! :slight_smile:

Soon I will explicitly add sarcasm to my post :rofl: